Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grape leaf disease

Posted by MrsNordstrom MN (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 15:58

Can you help me identify this grape leaf disease and how I can prevent it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grape leaf disease

Similar problems for my two grapes at San Diego, California. See the two photos. We used some insecticides, so far not much help.

Would appreciate any suggestions. BTW, could not find a grape forum, see posted here.

o

Look up Botryis...

Grape leaves are notorious for this and I think there are plenty of good systemics or topicals for this,,I would call a grape vine grower how they deal with it or what safe product they use or ask in this in the disease forum...

MIke

o

Check this out, click link.

I have the same problem and loose over half my crop on bad years. Thanks mike, knowing its proper name I found a good link to look over

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.practicalwinery.com/MarApr07/marapr07p30.htm

o

Fruits & Orchards Forum can help you out with any grape questions.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Web Fruits & Orchards Forum

o

looking for help with for controlling this

o

What Patty said)

MIke

o

sulfur dusting is the simplest control; most commercial vineyards do it often during the growing season.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here