Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19986411

Lee x Nova - no changes since purchased 3 weeks ago - is it OK?

User
9 years ago

I was so excited to find this Lee x Nova at Walter Andersen in Poway on a trip to San Diego the first weekend in August. It looked exactly like it does now in the photo... leaves curled, pointed up.

I've talked to Walter Andersen on the phone (Tyler I believe) in the past, and they always tell me they don't have Lee x Nova. Well, to my surprise they had one when I went. Didn't look the healthiest at the time, but thought if I doctored it up Patty S.-style it'd be ok by now. Well, I've had it for 4 weeks and nothing's changed. On a positive note, it hasn't gotten worse!

I uppotted from the 5 gal container it was in, up to 15 gal. I keep the pot obscured from full, direct sun and water based on moisture needs. I have given doses of DynaGro Foliage Pro and Osmocote Plus (x1), along with Spinosad spray to curtail CLM.

I was thinking I would have seen some type of response as all my other citrus trees are showing flushes of growth in the last few weeks. Why is this guy stagnant? Is it a dud or am I being impatient? Anything else I should be doing? Are my expectations off?

Thanks guys,
Ben

Comments (4)