Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Key Limes and 'ever-bearing'

Well, it's been a while since I've been on the Citrus forums because I just haven't really had any questions (and definitely not enough experience to offer advice!). But I finally have one that can't seem to find an answer to. I've been told, by members of this forum, that sometimes a Key Lime bush will be ever-bearing. Whether or not mine is, I do not know. But it did bloom in the spring when temps warmed up and of all the blooms, three set fruit and only one of those fruit stuck around long enough to ripen (it's turning yellow now). Not a huge issue. I can chalk this up to young age or... any number of issues. Not worried about that right now. What I'm curious about is if an 'ever-bearing' citrus plant will bloom while it still has fruit or if the fruit has to be removed first? It would make 'economical' sense if the latter was true, why put effort and energy into creating new flowers/fruit while still trying to grow the last ones? But with plants... and hybridization... you never really know. Or at least I don't.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio