Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oleyeller

meyer lemon Mg, Ca, and Fe deficiency?

oleyeller
9 years ago

Greetings to all, (this is an edit to post made 08/19 17:58â¦.two additional photos follow original post)
newbie here! and a social media dunderhead. my member name was a terrible choice as I had forgotten the ending of the novel it is referencing:(i was reminded of this by my husband, and he said no wonder you have had no responses!), and have tried to change it but it seems more difficult than my problem with my lemon tree, and will work on this. Also, being a novice gardener thought I would get noticed by trying to pinpoint in a smarty pants way so the posters who I have been following would notice me! but this has not worked:) I have been reading the past few days posts and all my faves have been replying to others, so�
please let me know if my tone is off somehow. I admire your generosity
original post:
this is my first post after being a avid reader and enjoy the enthusiasm of all members and thank you for all of your valuable information. I am an indoor enthusiast as well but am a novice and have combed through so many posting but cannot seem to find an answer to what I believe to be my problem�
I am posting pic's of my 4.5 year old Meyer lemon (I have had since august 2012) so far I have nursed through various maladies (scale, white fly�humidity problems) and this one is stumping me. I think I might have diagnosed this current problem (thank you to the person who posted the link to U of F's citrus page) as a Mg and Iron deficiency?
Being the novice that I am, I have been feeding with Miracid, then I started about one month ago alternating with Neptune's Fish and Seaweed fertilizer, added worm casings and compost in the late spring. I have several pretty large lemons (which I believe will be the color of miracle grow if you cut them in half:) and a second crop of 3 small "lemonette's". My leaves started dropping about 1 week ago and more are yellowing in the pattern characteristic described in previous posts. I know I need to repot (in present container for 1 yr, soil is 1/3 M. Grows Cactus, 1/3 cedar shavings, 1/3 perlite), and prune, but would like to have this small crop as a victory. I may be off course here and any info is much appreciated�.
(ouch!, I just looked at my photo's with a public audience in mind and not exactly "Specimen Quality:), the piece of maple is holding up a branch so heavy it cracked and there is new growth sprouting from just above, the 2 lemons are 2.5" across each! miracle monster:) I would like to repot in the 511 mix and begin foliage pro regime as soon as it cools down here, The tree is indoors (NYC!) south facing, has its own fan and leave the a/c on (keeps the room at about 80) for my plants even when I am not there! Thank you for all of your advice posted on this forum. I have learned a great deal, and hope you have some insights,
best to all
Y

This post was...