Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for "Blood Lime" in Florida

Posted by JCitrus none (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 18:20

Hi yall, im on a citrus Bender and would love to track down a "blood lime" for my collection. I know excalibur carries what they call a blood lime but it doesn't look the same as some of the ones I see in Pics on the web. I will likely get one from Richard but would also like one of the ones that are bright red. Any ideas?? much apreciated. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for "Blood Lime" in Florida

Seriously? That is not a real citrus, clearly Photoshopped. There is no lime that looks like that. The blood lime, which is not available in the state of California, but may be available in Florida will look more like a blood orange, somewhere between a Moro and a Tarrocco.

Patty S.

o

I thought the same thing, but a google image search of "blood lime" shows many pics of them, I chose this pic because to me its wild, I would LOVE to have one, mostly associated with recipes, couldnt find any us sources but they apear to be avialable in Aus somewhere it states its some sort of a cross btwn a red aussi finger lime and a Mandarin. Input much apreciated

o
RE: Searching for

Blood lime

o

Bump for more info, some digging reveals that these mythical unicorn citrus might actually exist in the land of Oz( australia) would greatly apreciate any info. Thanks

o
RE: Searching for

Blood lime

o

They do exist, that was not the point I was making, the point was your first photo is Photoshopped, make no mistake. If you want to know if this is available in Florida, check with University of FL Budwood program. That would be the only place a grower would be able to get clean budwood. If U of FL has it, then it may be available in the state of Florida. These are not like Mexican (Key) Limes or Bearss LImes, more like the Australian Finger Lime. Rather dry, lime-like, not probably the best tasting citrus, but certainly a novelty.

Patty S.

This post was edited by hoosierquilt on Sat, Sep 20, 14 at 22:31

o

Try harris citrus.
Trace

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here