Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

An explosion of Meyer lemon flower buds!

Andrew Scott
10 years ago

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my largest and oldest Meyer lemon tree was producing a ton of flower buds. Needless to say, I was very pleased to see that the tree was blooming again. The last time it bloomed, it was early summer and it produced maybe a dozen buds. The tree being over 2ft tall and wide, I was surprised it didn't produce more. The tree produced 4 more lemons out of that last bloom cycle but the tree also had 8 medium to large green lemons. Now those fruits are almost ripe.

I am wondering if the weather temps have anything to do with influencing the production of flower buds. In my observations, I have noticed that usually whenever the tree produces a lot of flowers it is spring and end of summer. Both times when the temp. ranges are more extreme.

Is this just a coincidence or do temps affect the bloom cycles? Regardless of what made the tree bloom so heavy now, I am really happy at the chance to get more fruits off of my tree! I really miss my potted 6ft Meyer. If only I knew back then what I know now, that tree would still be around!

Thanks for any input!

Andrew

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio