Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thenear1send

Interested in Growing Meyer Lemon Trees from Cuttings. Plz Help

thenear1send
15 years ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site so I am not aware of the past messages that solved my question, which im sure has been answered dozens of times. If you could answer here, i would more than appreciate it, but if you had a link to any of the good messages on starting Meyer Lemons from cuttings, start-finish, that would be awesome too!

Well, heres my quick story..

I went to my neighbors house and picked a good sized bag of lemons off of his Meyer Lemon tree, which is huge, probably 30-40 years old. And I decided, hey, why not grow some lemons from the seeds of the fruits i had. So i checked out growing conditions on the web, and planted about ten lemon seeds. Then as i was searching later on, discovered that Meyers were a hybridized variety, so i though, Oh great, im going to have to wait 8 years just to see if im growing the right plant... So i was a little let down. Until I later discovered that Meyers were one of "the easiest" citrus to propagate through cuttings. So i decided to change my plans from growing from seeds, to getting myself some nice sized cuttings (since his tree is so big). BUT, having no tree experience, and a failed experience at growing trees from cuttings in the past. so, CAN ANYONE HELP, PLEASE! I really prefer step-by-step instructions if that is at all possible to ask for.

Some of my questions include:

How large of a cutting, and from where on the tree. And, if grafting is necessary, how do i do that?

Much appreciated!

-Adam

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022