Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junebug20_gw

I think my husband may have killed my Tarocco

junebug20
12 years ago

To preface, I have read the FAQ for citrus and read through some other posts, but I haven't found my answer. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help.

I have a Tarocco blood orange tree that was planted in a half whisky barrel last year. It has grown nicely since then with no issues other than the oranges falling off the tree, but I understand that they are notorious for not holding the fruit very well.

Anyway, my husband and two-year-old son have taken to watering this tree a lot lately and now the tree has drooping leaves; is dropping leaves; the soil is wet, though no standing water; and basically just looks very sad. Oh and it has the early signs of powdery mildew. I am pretty sure it is powdery mildew because it has been very hot and humid and things are getting overwatered. Also the big leaf hydrangea is covered in it and the lilac has some too.

What should I do? Can it be salvaged? My husband seems to think that the sun will just dry out the soil, but it has been a few days and it is still wet. He also did this to a new Bearss lime tree.

Comments (3)