Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kumquat is Blooming After Being Transplanted

Posted by sharona1949 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 10:51

I recently had the opportunity to get a Kumquat but had to move it from my brother's yard to mine. I transplanted the 6-7 year old tree about 5 weeks ago and during the process managed to lose most of the dirt from the root ball. I have kept the tree well watered and after being pretty shocky for a while and losing most of the fruit and some leaves the tree is coming back and is doing well. In fact it is doing so well that it has started blooming again. Is that typical, to bloom at this time after being transplanted? Will the tree produce more fruit from these blooms? I was just so surprised to see the blooms and didn't know if that is usual or not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kumquat is Blooming After Being Transplanted

Kumquats are prolific fruit producers, Sharona. It will also drop any fruit it cannot support. They will bloom off and on throughout the year. Just continue supporting it with appropriate amounts of water and fertilizer. Sounds like it has recovered nicely.

Patty S.

o

agreed with Patty. and grats. enjoy all the blooms.

o

Mine did that too - loads of blossoms after repotting, but it could be the time of year and the fact that I had picked off the last ripe fruit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Repotting a kumquat

o

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The tree is doing well and the blooms make it smell like springtime all over again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here