Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Meyer Lemon Blossoms :-)

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 11:00

Hi everyone,

These are the first two blossoms on my Meyer Lemon tree! The buds opened a couple days ago and today, I have three more open. Before I brought it inside for the winter, a bumblebee pollenated the first two blossoms. Today, I took a Q-Tip and pollenated the three blossoms. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have some developing fruit in the future!

Blossom 1:
 photo 132_zps9dc5373b.jpg

Blossom 2:
 photo 133_zpsaac925a9.jpg

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Meyer Lemon Blossoms :-)

Glad to see that your tree is blooming for you! I love the fragrance from my Meyer tree flowers. I also wanted to tell you that your meyer lemon flowers shouldn't need pollination. I hope you get a few lemons! Meyer lemons are my favorite lemon!

Andrew

o

Thank you, Andrew!

I have my tree sitting in my east-facing bedroom window, so I hope it'll get enough light for this winter. The fragrance is wonderful! To my surprise, when I smelled the flowers for the first time, I thought they would smell more lemon-like, but, it's still very pleasant!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Hey Brad!! Good to see you:-)

Look at that? Graet work for someone who has just started on this path and a Meyer Lemon to boot...

Looking good....Just a good as all your Hoya:-)

Thanks for sharing..It's great to see you here again.

Hello Andrew if you see this....Olah!

o

Hi Mike!

o

Hi Mike! I hope you're doing well!

I relocated my Meyer Lemon to the south facing window yesterday. While sitting in the same room as it last night, I kept catching whiffs of the blossoms :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here