Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

Posted by blue72 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 13:33

hello everybody. i live in detroit and i have a lemon, lime, blood orange, and wash navel orange tree when should i bring them in the house. temp been 70-60 and been like 50-40 at night.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

I only know about the Meyer; but I would start now the process. Because the Meyer is sensitive to light changes, you should move it from full sun to partial sun; then after 2 weeks, move it to full shade; then 2 more weeks and you can move it indoors. If you do that and the reverse when you put it outside in the Spring, you should avoid the leaf drop that is so common with Meyers. I think your other trees are less sensitive to light; but I don't know for sure.

o
RE: meyer lemon, key lime, and blood orange tree.

At this time of the year up here it the light has a much less effect if you are going to put in into a sunny window as it would of three weeks ago when the sun was much more intense.
It's the temps I would be concerned about. If you plan on bringing them into a house environment that warm, the sooner you bring them in the better.

Right now mine are still outside and get full sun. But if I brought them in right now, they had better go into a room that has been just as cool as outside, or all my trees will react in a negative way.
That is why I either remove them from the full sun by Labor day as John suggested and then bring them into a warm area before it gets this cold, or leave them out and bring them into a room at almost the same temps as outside with all windows opened in a room set aside for them..

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here