Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Darn it!!! All Citrus Tress are 80% off!

meyermike_1micha
10 years ago

And I have not room! Not even room for one more..

Now if there was a Clementine or some other sort I do not have, then I might make the room..

They were only 5 dollars for trees once 24! Trees once 79 were cheap tool..Darn it..lol

You might want to chek your local nursery...This caught me off guard just stopping in..

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 13:44

Comments (11)

• johnorange
    10 years ago

My little 0.63 acre place is also crowded but for $5 I would be sorely tempted to crowd in a few more. Now is probably a pretty good time to plant a new tree. We finally got a really good rain too!

• orangelime1
    10 years ago

Hooo Weeee 5 dollars a tree!You know I
    always say I have no room, not one more
    not one more not one more and what do I
    do ? buy 4 more.This citrus thing really is a
    disease. I know if I walked into a store trees
    5 dollars I would probably pick up a couple
    If they were interesting varietys.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

We picked up 3 at a 50% off sale, got my list ready for the October sale, but only 40% off at that nursery

My guy got a small orchards worth of Skeena Cherries for the ranch at $10 each (guessing he is going to have his own fruit stand next cherry season)

• Kippy
    10 years ago

We picked up 3 at a 50% off sale, got my list ready for the October sale, but only 40% off at that nursery

My guy got a small orchards worth of Skeena Cherries for the ranch at $10 each (guessing he is going to have his own fruit stand next cherry season)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Mike

i think it is time for you to get a bigger place. You cant pass that up, LOL

I picked up a $5 bearrs lime a few months ago.

Mike

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

Hey Mike, now you see my problem! I bought 4 citrus trees in the past month! One was only $8 cheaper, but now they are having a huge BOGO sale, and the trees are 3ft, some are 4ft and to pay $32 for 2!!! I think they have clementine's too, and they do have navels, just not the seedless Washington like I want. Many of them have golf ball sized fruits too! That's where I bought my Tango tree. If they they still have them in a few weeks, I may get 2.

The other sale was really good also! It was a Lowe's but they only had Bears limes, and Improved Meyer lemon trees. They are nice foot tall and wide trees. They were priced at $17.99 and went on sale for $5! I also got another Basjoo banana tree, which was really cool because I wanted to plant one in my backyard.Just go and buy one Mike! You know your going to kick yourself in the pants if you don't!

I will make sure I post here if I do end up buy in the BOGO trees!

Andrew

• serge94501
    10 years ago

That's the thing about California.

1) Good - grow year-round

2) Bad - no big seasonal discounts (see #1)

oh well no $5 citrus for me.

• gto66
    10 years ago

Who is having this 80% off citrus sale?

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

Mike! Put your wallet away and step back from the plants! Back off and drive away.

Lol

• bonechickchris
    10 years ago

Not to be nosey, but where are you zone 5 and 6 guys finding local citrus sales? I live in NJ and never see citrus at all, never mind being on sale. Every once in a blue moon I will see a fancy nursery that has a big greenhouse have a couple of Meyer lemons, and maybe a Key Lime, but that is it, and they are way over priced.
    Am I missing something? If so, please let me know! LOL! Would love to find a place to just walk in and see citrus here in NJ, let alone markdowns! I guess your local Lowes sell citrus as tropicals? I have a bunch of Lowes and Home Deopts here and never once saw a citrus :(
    Christy

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    10 years ago

Hah, rhizo, you kill me. Mike, that must have been SO HARD, lol!! My goodness. No more room at the office?? Your office mates must LOVE sitting near your area, especially when those trees are in bloom, how fantastic that must be!! We had a co-worker who was from Cambodia, and grew the most spectacular orchids, and would share them with us. I miss that. We could walk all through our building and see "Smittie orchids" on various desktops all through our company building, it was wonderful.

Patty S.