Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kumquat tree leaf problems

Posted by amanda_is 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 13:44

My Kumquat tree's leaves are all getting quite yellow. They've always been a lighter green, but recently it has gotten to the point where they are all yellowing and a couple have turned light brown and fell off. I also have a few tangerine trees and those all have dark green leaves and look fine other than I've been fighting spider mites on them, but they are separated from my Kumquat tree. My Kumquat tree is in a plant window so it gets a great deal of sun. It is also in gritty mix so I am wondering if it is not getting enough nutrients. I fertilize every time I water, but I just dump it on and I'm wondering if I should be soaking it in a big bucket or something instead? Also on 2 of the leaves there is an interesting looking brown spot and I am not sure what that is from. It has quite a few flower buds on it, so that is exciting, but I don't want it to keep going down hill leaf wise. I tried attaching all 3 of my pictures, but I think only one will work so I can post more afterwards. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kumquat tree leaf problems

Another picture.

o

One last picture.

o

Amanda, I'm no expert so you may want to do more research before you act on my suggestion. Other posters here have been guided toward supplementing with a little epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) when the yellow in the leaf made the green portion around the veins look like a christmas tree. Your last photo looks like that to me. I understand the yellowing is caused by a magnesium defficiency and the epsom salt will solve the defficency. Just don't overdo the epsom salt!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here