Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saz57

dorm room issues

saz57
11 years ago

hi, so i've had my lemon tree for about 4 months now and she has been doing quite well. i've had 2 lemons growing pretty well on it and i've had new sections of leaves growing which has been awesome. i did hit a road bump a few weeks ago when there were some sort of bugs on it, but after talking to the nursery where i got it, they suggested i spray it with a pesticide. after doing that it seems as though the bugs are gone so thats good, however, most of the leaves are now gone except for the new sections of growth. so my first question is whether the leaves that fell off will ever grow back. now heres the next problem. i was in a west facing window in my dorm this summer and a south facing window last semester and things worked well. i did supplement it with light from a 150w cfl bulb and things worked really well. but now i'm stuck in a north facing window room that gets no direct sunlight. so my 2nd question is whether or not i'm doomed now and should try to get a friend to raise it for the year. or should i just throw in the towel and go with a plant that doesnt require as much sunlight?

other important information: i'm in south dakota and it is starting to cool down a little bit after a long drought filled summer. i've been using fertilizer and can upload a picture if needed. my room does not have air conditioning so it can get pretty toasty but i do leave the window open with a fan in it.

Comments (10)