Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Picture of my 'Dancy' tangerine tree.

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

Sorry this has taken so long for me to post. I got this tree sometime around early September. I got it as a replacement for my Owari satsuma mandarin that I bought. Thanks to this forum, I had someone ID the problem and I was able to ID it and get a replacement for it. I wanted another Owari but when I got to the nursery they only had one Owari left and it looked dreadfull. Also, the pest/disease that was ID on my tree was found on several other trees at the nursery! The disturbing fact for me was that the guy who was helping me had never heard of it before and also the fact that the trees that were spotted as having the same problem were not taken right out and thrown away! Hopefully they disposed of the trees later that day. I would hate tothink that someone got a sick tree like I did. I was not at all imprseed with 90% of the trees that were 4ft and under. They all had yellowing leaves and the shapes were bad. Overall, they appeared to be neglected. A good portion of the trees were Monrovia which is a good brand name and they looked like crap. Even the larger leaves on my 'Dancy' were yellowing. I thouroughly inspected every inch of the tree before bringing it home and the guy at the nursery gave it a good dose of iron and some systemic solution as a preventative. My tree has come a long way since bringing it home. I picked up a bottle of liquid iron at the hursery and sprayed it twice and as you can see in the picture, the leaves have greened up and I have not lost any leaves or fruits. I counted 16 fruits and lost 3 since I brought it home. I can't wait to be able to eat the fruits.

Andrew

Comments (6)