Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akaurgardener

Yellowed young fruit on washington navel orange

akaurgardener
9 years ago

So a previously yellowed and sad washington navel tree has finally greened up, with new growth, and in the past few weeks, flowered!!

Except, it looks like nearly all of the flowers are giving way to yellowed fruit that is falling off. I know a good number of flowers and young fruit fall off, but usually I notice a few tiny green fruits that end up surviving. On this tree, I'm not seeing any green fruits, only yellow ones.

I water 3x week and have fertilized with both Scotts Citrus slow release fertilizer and FST (iron/sulfur) over the course of the year in the doses recommended by manufacturers.

What is going on with my tree. I have 2 washington navels, and the other one is doing great with the same treatment.

Comment (1)

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    9 years ago

Most likely still in a recovery phase, and aborting fruit so it can continue to put its resources towards recovery. A full photo of the tree would confirm my suspicions, but I suspect this is the case. Is this in the ground or in a container, what happened to it previously, to be "yellowed and sad"? A little more info will help, but most likely, this is the case.

Patty S.