Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Low Nitrogen Fertilizer?

Posted by pgde Tucson Zone 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 18:51

Hi all:

Hope everybody had a good summer of citrus growing! I'll be posting some pix of mine later tonight or this week.

Anyway, does anybody know of a "low nitrogen" (but higher P and K) fertilizer for citrus? Everything I have read about citrus here in Arizona indicates the last fertilization should be with a low N fertilizer to minimize new growth but give the plant some strength for the upcoming colder season.

Also, I have a bunch of left-over bone meal from another cactus project and am wondering if this would be useful for sprinkling on the ground under my citrus?

Regards,

P.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Low Nitrogen Fertilizer?

hmm, never heard of that.

most ferts are either high H, balanced, or bloom booster

o
RE: Low Nitrogen Fertilizer?

Sure, any fertilizer formulated for fruits & blooms (i.e., stone fruits, tomatoes, flower fertilizer). Gro Power Bloom & Grow is what I use for my stone fruits. Houston, that's correct - anything promoting bloom or fruit is low in N. But, I would just leave your last fertilizing session to October, and then don't apply until February (or when you're sure you're out of potential frost/freeze within 6 weeks of application).

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here