Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggyby

Bugs 4

maggyby
9 years ago

Mike, Can you believe we have reached the limit in bugs 3 already. We are a chatty bunch. You have been busy today. America's got talent is on here as well. Sounds like quite a snack you are having.
It sounds like we will get a big storm tomorrow, starting in the afternoon. I will put the trees in the garage if there will be high winds. We are expecting 30 mm of rain in a short period of time.There is a possibility of a tornado
I enjoy making the sauce although it is time consuming . But the end result is worth it. It is nothing like store bought.
I kind of think my tree was that way when I bought it. I am certainly learning about all kinds of things .best way to learn is by having to deal with it.
You enjoy your evening relaxing. Take care. Maggy

Comments (2)

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

We are getting storms Wednesday night through Thursday. We got a high of 87 today and may hit 90 tomorrow, them down into the low 70. and high 40's my pot range from 40 pounds to 200 pounds. They do not tip for anything.

Steve

PS Can 5 of you come down and move pots with me

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow! Bugs 4 already! Thank you Mike for forwarding the newsletter to Maggy. Maggy, you are lucky to have an orchid society so close to where you live. I am afraid you will also become addicted to the orchids too, but they are a nice addiction. Wait until you see all the different plants on the showtable. You will be amazed. You will see more than you will ever see even at a botanical garden. It is amazing to see what people can grow just on their window sills. I am smelling your sauce here too! Did you get time to place your orders for the pool cover and heater? Brian, I can just imagine seeing your trees glowing I'm the moonlight. They are such beautiful trees, and you grow them so well so far north. That is so remarkable. It is a shame they will be hidden away in the greenhouse for so many months. Can you fit all your other tropical plants in there too or do they go somewhere else? You have those beautiful palms too and I think a giant cactus.. I remember seeing pictures of your tropical garden last year and thought I was confused that you lived in Canada. I couldn't imagine how you ever could over winter all those tropical plants as they all are so large. The pictures looked like you lived in the tropics. I showed my friends your pictures I was so impressed. Mike, I will have to go back to Bugs 3 again to read what you wrote again to make sure I didn't miss answering any of your questions. I'm a little tired from all the driving and the meeting and carrying all the stuff in and out for the meeting. Does your pool cover have round bubbles or diamond ones? Why did you pick one over the other? Do you think I will be able to get it on by myself? With the shade cloth, i tie ropes on one side and throw them over the roof to the other side and pull on them to slide the shade cloth over the roof. It sounds like it may be too heavy to do this and that it might not slide over the roof. I hope it will not tear. Maybe if I got two pieces it would not be as heavy, but then I would have to deal with making a seam. I guess I will not really know until I try it. I still have to clean out extra stuff inside the greenhouse, switch benches between the basement growing area and the greenhouse, clean the basement growing area, and assemble the two new benches before I can start to bring the warm growers in. Maybe tomorrow but the grass needs mowing too. Steve, if you can successfully graft other fruit trees you will probably finally be able to do citrus trees. There are probably just a few tricks that you need to know to be successful. Maybe it is timing or some rootstock and scion are just more compatible. But I can't help you with this as i have never grafted anything. I wish I had learned from my grandfather. I really don't understand the concept of knowing when the bark is slipping. Soon I will do more reading on it and try. I hope you are successful with your latest attempt. I see tiny little leaf and flower buds starting on my trees after that last heat wave. I hope they will still keep growing now that the temperature has dropped so much. A big advantage of the 5-1-1 mix is that it is so comparatively light weight which makes the trees so much more portable. I need to sleep. See you all tomorrow.

Cory

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler