Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcamp30144

Gold nugget Mandarin I have been trying to save

When i bought this tree from grow organic it was in bad shape when I got it. It has been hanging on for over a year never grows never does nothing never develops any roots on the rootstock. The nursery would not make good on it take it back or replace it just kept making excuses about transplant shock and all this bull. So finally I decided to try to air root it. I feel it may take it has perked up and looks better than it ever has . When I received the tree there was a really bad case of root rot, so rotton that the roots just fell off the tree when I tried to pot it. I treated the tree for root rot hoping that the rootstock would pick back up but it never did. Tree has been in yellow wilted state for more than a year. It's such a tough little tree to live this long with no roots I don't want to throw it out so this is the last try to save it what do you guys think. Also this is the worst graft I have ever seen done by a nursery that sells to the public wow . No missing the graph line here the only way to make it easier to find would be a neon sign pointing to it. As you can see in the photo the root areas completely brown and dieing. The area where I cut off the bark and put the peat moss mix to air root is turning green. The Green has started migrating up and down the stem the tree was starved from water and nutrients. Oh by the way grow organic Does no longer sell citrus trees I wonder why lol.
Trace

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Wed, Sep 24, 14 at 0:20

Comments (5)