Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy full sized citrus trees?

Posted by waldie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 28, 10 at 1:39

All vendors I've been able to find online sell only dwarf trees. I live in Washington State so citrus trees are not available in nurseries even in the summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy full sized citrus trees?

are you planning to plant them in ground where the growth wont be limited? Otherwise the term "dwarf" can be misleading because given the right circumstance they can grow quiet large. Ive read some can reach 10'-12' in ground.

o

Thanks mksmith. Yes, planning to plant them in the ground. Lots of room so would like full sized trees, but will settle for dwarfs if I can't find full sized ones.

o

interesting, I didnt think you could grow in ground in your state. I wish I could. Anyways I dont know of any place that specifically advertises their trees to be a standard size. I would say that unless they specifically advertise theirs as a dwarf, then I would assume they arent grafted onto a dwarfing rootstock. When in doubt you should be able to call any of the online nurserys and ask what their trees are grafted to.

o

Waldie, I might be wrong...but, I tend to agree with Mksmth...I didn't think Citrus can grow inground in Washington either. Unless you're building a very tall structure with heat and lights for the winter? What zone are you?

o
RE: Kaffir lime seeds

Hello Waldie,
In response to your post about Kaffir lime seeds

I had to plant the seeds that i did not get rid of so I no longer have them available, BUT i will have seedlings in the spring. If you are interested in a seedling please email me your preferred contact information and i will notify you in spring when they are ready. They are as of today about 2 inches tall and putting on there second set of leaves.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here