Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36w cfl on citrus trees

Posted by Tcamp30144 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 1:42

Is a 5000k 36w =150 good for citrus seedlings to supplement light and warmth in winter. About to build a small box with 2 or 3 they are 2465 lumus each any thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36w cfl on citrus trees

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 9:18

how big are the seedlings and how many. I assume you are talking about the spiral CFL's. I think you would ok with them if you have a good reflector and keep them very close to the trees without burning them.

o

Seedling are 4 months old so far they love it.

o

A 13 watt 5300K bulb in this light system of two buckets on stilt will make all 4 of your trees shoot for the heavens. They really work well and they hold the heat in.

KUMQUAT GROWER COMPONENTS--POTTED TREE TO LEFT--ROOT VACUUM CHAMBER TO RIGHT USES VACUUM CLEANER--- -  TREE GET PLACED IN STEEL CAN AND VACUUM HOSE GOES IN HOLE IN LOWER CAN photo IMG_3594_1_zps8cf4e968.jpg
meiwa kumquat tree from seed

HARDY CHICAGO FIG MWITH BUCKET GROW SYSTEM DISASSEMBLE FOR VEIWING photo IMG_3355_zpsb32bf108.jpg

o

Mk I made a bucket light and used a 23 w 6500k they love it building bigger box and using 2 36 w 5000k cfls in it will post pics soon.

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 22:02

o

And

o

And

This post was edited by Tcamp30144 on Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 22:06

o

Last

o

Last

o

Last

o

And

o

looks like a good setup

o

my current set up for this year.

bucket lights with sweetlee, nagami, meiwa, hardy chicago, and M11 photo IMG_4588_zps6da708d7.jpg
Seed grown meiwa & nagami kumquat bushes, sweetlee trees from seed.

After 2 weeks in bucket light photo Sweetlee12wksinbucketlight_zps08edbf84.jpg
Sweetlee tangerine tree #1 has 16+ inches growth on 6 shoots after 2 weeks in bucket light using 18 watt CFL at 5300K

These bucket lights really work well.

o

Wow u have buckets lol mine are loving it to.

o

Tcamp

How are your light buckets working out. My trees have out grown their setup 3 times. Are your trees large enough to sell of to the lumber mill to cut structural timbers. Citrus wood has finominaly good strength and durability. To see my current setup click below

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/wreristhechimney/slideshow/sunshine2013

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here