Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lane Late Navel Tree. Planting question/Advice.

Posted by SeanPez 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 26, 11 at 3:38

Hi All,

I was at a local nursery, and found this Lane Late Navel Dwarf orange tree for $25! I thought it was a good buy so i picked it up and brought it home. I planted it right away, since it was drizzly today, so the soil got nice and wet. I was a bit upset because i saw that the tree had 6 oranges on it already. I dont know if the nursery super fertilized it or it is a good tree.

I planted the tree in the ground, but i dont know if it is too low? Is the space too tight? I dug about a food into the ground and came to a point where there were some big stones in the ground that i was unable to remove next to where i planted the tree. Is this going to be an issue?

Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Sean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lane Late Navel Tree. Planting question/Advice.

It looks like a great spot to me. For me I plant my trees at the same depth as the nursery soil was up the trunk if not a bit lower but mine are all in pots. Some will suggest you raise the root ball up and plant the tree basically on a mound to aid in drainage. As long as the stones dont cause drainage issue it should be ok. The roots will grow more laterally and may not anchor it as well but only time will tell. I have read that the Lane isnt quite as good as a Washington but for $25 that looks a nice tree.

mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here