Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please suggest an indoor lighting setup for a windowless garage

Posted by meagan_myers z7/AR (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 7:56

Hello citrus experts. I am new to citrus. I am thinking about putting them in the garage to overwinter, under grow lamps. There is no window in the garage. I have 3 small trees; 2 meyer lemon and one blood orange. Can any of you suggest an appropriate setup to overwinter these trees, even maybe to help them flourish? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please suggest an indoor lighting setup for a windowless gara

You can go big bucks with HPS/MH lighting or set up a compact fluorescent rig on the cheap- it all depends on your budget and what you expect out of the system.
Also how nice you want it to look, lol.

I have one area of high light plants under switchable ballast HPS/MH lights and another section of lower light plants under modified compact fluorescent aquarium lighting. All of my tropicals are inside a vinyl enclosure to hold in warmth and humidity with fans for ventilation.
You could do something like this or merely set up some lights pointing at your trees.

Check out the "Growing under lights" forum for some really good ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing under lights

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here