Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to save my Tango Mandarin video

Posted by tmc2009 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 11:53

Took a look at what was going on with my Tango Mandarin. Decided to pot it down and bring it inside for some intensive care. I just think this particular variety is not very cold tolerant. Plus we've had a lot of rain lately along with the cooler temperatures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tango Mandarin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to save my Tango Mandarin video

you may want to prune the top a little. kinda like with bonsai, since the roots are so dismal.

o

How can you have too much soil?

Too wet, yes. Too much?

All of that turface and perlite you added will cause it to retain even more water, I think that you are amplifying your problem here. It will need even less water.

o

too much potting mix and it doesn't allow the moisture to evaporate as quickly, and also if the tree doesn't have a large root system the moisture isn't absorbed as quickly either, both conditions creates excessively wet potting mix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here