Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stephoney_gw

Leave Dropping Fast & Branches Turning Brown

stephoney
16 years ago

My dwarf meyers lemon tree has been dropping all of its leave and now the branches are turning brown. I purchased it from a reputable dealer in June and it grew to be 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall. I began bringing it inside in the evenings in August to get it use to being inside. It seemed to be fine at first, but it slowly began dropping a few leaves a day. I live in Washington state where the weather has turned pretty cold so bringing it inside is a must. I had it planted in a resin container that seemed too small, so I repotted it with orchid mix in a larger terra cotta container. I placed it away from vents (and sunlight) and put a grow light on it during the day, but to no avail. It now has branches that are turning brown (should I remove these?) and also it has very few leaves left. The leaves that are left are yellow veined with green leaves. I would add schelated minerals to it, but I am afraid to water it again, since it is still moist from last week's repotting. When I repotted it I checked the roots and they were not rotting. My container takes some time to dry out even with the soil I chose. I am weary of repotting again with even lighter soil because I am afraid it would be too tramatic for the plant. I used a popsicle stick in the dirt and it is still wet from last Friday's transplanting. I read that the room is too dry, so I try to mist the plant a few times a day. All of my windows have vents near by so I am worried about moving it closer to a natural light source. I have searched the forum and found bits and pieces that sound like my problem, but I wondered if someone could help me to save my plant. I am very frustrated that nothing seems to be working.

Comment (1)