Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiepurls

Newbie here - My First Meyer

pixiepurls
10 years ago

I believe what I have is an improved meyer. It cost $100 which I got with a gift certificate visa card I had hence willing to spend so much on an older one! I think its 3 feet tall.

I paid for some recommended potting soil and got a pot just about 1 or 2 inches rounder then the one it came in per instructions I read (if it was too big the root growth would be where the plant put all the work) so I hope that was correct. I water it every other day and I am careful not to over-water. It has not yellowed. Sometims I water it with a lot of water and then wait longer vs less amount more often as I've heard thats better, just trying to protect my wood floor so sometimes its hard to know how much to put in to deeply water it.

It came with 1 bloom which smelled lovely and 20 or so tiny little things which I assume are the lemons. Then after 2 weeks in my house, 1 other flower bloom and then about 70 % of those little guys turned yellow and fell off. Just by touching them, the ones left seem okay but I worry they will go too.

Is this par for the course? Should I be worried? Its set next to a window and I mean literally next to a window facing east. We have brand new windows which came on our new energy efficient home and I believe it blocks lots of UV stuff, or something like that. I have wondered if it would block anything the plant actually needed. Here in Virginia its too cold to put it outside until spring.

Comment (1)