Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
meyers ripening

Posted by houstontexas123 z9 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 16:15

with the few cool fronts we've had my meyers are turning yellow, about 50% atm. picked one and made a big cup of lemonade. somewhat sour w/ a hint of sweetness. didnt add any sugar, just water, ice and half a meyer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: meyers ripening

Nice! I only have three this year because I re-potted everything this spring and lost a bunch that had set. I will enjoy them with a nice beer.

I like to let mine get just a bit of orange tint, seems to sweeten them up a little.

mike

o

I have a small Meyer Lemon tree that I bought from Four Winds in CA last May. When it arrived, the tree was in blossom and I now have three three lemons, a little bit larger than a Bearss lime, that are also starting to turn yellow. I moved the plant inside around October 1 when the nights started to chill down. It gets nice morning sun if the sky isn't cloudy and there is a grow lamp that helps supplement the sunlight...I expected the lemons to continue to grow during the next few months and then turn yellow next spring. But since the tree is so small it's probably best that the fruit not get any larger.

Jerry

o

My mother in law snuck over to the house and "borrowed" 3 meyers off my tree. Don't think I can complain though since I got a slice of homemade lemon meringue pie out of it.

Rob

o

Mine is potted, it decided to go crazy blooming in early October and a lot of those are setting. I paid more attention to keeping the roots from drying out this summer; that may be paying off.
Feeding it with fish pond water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here