Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcamp30144

Grow Organic peaceful Valley sells bad trees do not buy

They sent me a with root rot curled leaves and not healthy at all. They say its transplant shock and will not replace the tree. What can iI do when I planted it all the hairline roots where mush and tree strugels to live. U should pay 35 bucks for a tree u have to 911 to live.

Comments (16)

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

This is why I grow from seed. I have friends that can graft for me, I get tired of receiving defective trees. The big box stores get trees grafted to the easiest rootstock to graft to regardless where it is going to be planted. When you grow from seed you can end up with a tree that can look like this in 9 months.

{{gwi:606402}}
    sweetlee from Seed roots are now cover with soil after settling.

I have found an m11 rootstock sucker with root bumps, I have 2 m7 rootstock suckers with root nodules. and a lot of seedling red haven peach rootstock to graft graft. I also grew from seed 3 poncirus trifoliate rootstock for citrus grafting. its free. Its fun. It empowers one to care for their own life needs.

PS peaches taste better than citrus and are easy to grow in your zone.

Thanks for the warning

Steve

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I grow from seed to but was hoping it would Bea nice tree for once :-(

• Ryan
    10 years ago

I would not be happy either. At that price I would have expected more also. Good news it it looks like it will survive.

You have at least learned one thing, don't order from them again :)

Take a look at Logees.com they offer a nice unique selection at good prices. Trees tend to be on the small side but they will grow quick given the right environment. I've ordered from them many times.

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    10 years ago

I have to say that I have not had any issues with GrowOrganic.com. All their plants have come to me in good health. I would make sure you have well draining potting soil, and use 1/2 strength liquid fertilizer with the proper NPK ratio to see if you can get your little tree to perk up. Transplant shock isn't unusual, and it does look like it's going to make it.

Patty S.

• Noel.101
    10 years ago

I also buy from Logee's. I live only 40 minutes from their greenhouses and while the trees are small, they easily double in size in one summer. I have a Key Lime, Meyer Lemon, Kaffir Lime, Finger Lime, Yuzu, and a blood orange from them that are all healthy and grew quickly.

Original Author
    10 years ago

I ordered two trees from logees we will see lol they are a lot cheaper for sure lol.Bright leaf now sells out of state might give them a try.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Tree still not good they ignore my emails now (great company lol)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Has been watered and all just had root rot when I got it lost almost all roots.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Has been watered and all just had root rot when I got it lost almost all roots.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    10 years ago

In the future, take pictures of unhealthy plants when you get them, and send those pics to the vendor.

Josh

Original Author
    10 years ago

I did the day I got it they said it was shock and still say its healthy. It might make it its hanging on.

10 years ago

You sent them pictures of the mushed roots that you described in previous posts?
    I don't see how they could call rotten roots "transplant shock." That doesn't make sense.

Josh

Original Author
    10 years ago

I did they don't care so u know do u like them or something Josh.

• txdurk
    10 years ago

I dunno. I've had good luck with their cherries at least.

Our Minnie Royal and Royal Lee trees have settled in nicely. I was a little concerned since the trees had already broken hibernation probably due to their low chill requirement but I needn't have been I guess. The trees were nicely pruned and had good calipers too. Admittedly one took longer to acclimate but it may have been due more to my planting technique than anything else.

10 years ago

Tcamp, I missed your comment from October. Here's your answer: NO, I don't know anything about the company. Maybe you didn't get a response because of the way you presented your complaint.

Josh