Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grumpyinaz

A few more questions (with several pics)

grumpyinaz
11 years ago

Hi again ---

**I'm in Glendale, AZ**

Just wanted to get people's opinion on a few of my citrus trees' abnormalities. One word of warning is, I've been pretty afraid to trim the trees as I'm a renter, and the landlord has never paid a legit landscaper to shape the citrus trees. I always tell the standard issue landscapers to leave the fruit producing trees alone. They've grown very well, but they're not shaped in a pretty way at all. I'd appreciate feedback on just what I should prune away. Basically, I'd really like you all to take a look at the pics and tell me anything that comes to mind on what I can do to improve them.

My orange tree has very good growth, very solid fruit production, but the leaves are almost always kinda 'rolled up'. I've searched google, and it seems like it may be getting too much water, but I don't feel like I'm watering it 'that' much.

Orange Tree (wide shot)

{{gwi:637104}}

Orange Tree (close up)

{{gwi:637105}}

My lemon tree grew crazy as well, with many branches sagging like a weeping willow (two even snapped under the weight of the fruit). The top half of the tree stays up though, making it look pretty odd(you can see in the wide shot pic that the tree is basically separated in half, top-bottom). The leaves are very often yellowing, and there are a lot of 'bald spots' with no leaves... yet fruit production remains high. I'm also not sure about the type of growth I'm getting, as it's really wild and could be 'suckers' even though they're pretty high up on the tree.

Lemon Tree (wide shot)

{{gwi:637108}}

Lemon Tree (close up)

{{gwi:637109}}

Lemon Tree (close up #2)

{{gwi:637110}}

Lemon Tree (close up #3)

(note the green branches shooting off from larger brown/grey one)

{{gwi:637111}}

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments (5)