Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bibbus

care for fruiting lime

bibbus 7b
11 years ago

I really have enjoyed reading so many expert's advice on this forum. Thank you! I have a Duarte Bearss Seedless Lime tree that has one lime about the size of a large marble and 7 other tiny limes developing. It is planted in the original pot and is about 2 1/2 ft tall. The plant has new growth on a couple of the branches. Nights started to get cooler so for a couple of weeks I would take it in at night and then if warm enough put it back outside. We had a cold snap and I just brought it inside full time for a couple of weeks and put it in a sunny window. The larger lime has not grown much since I brought it inside. Now we are having consistently warm sunny days again and I wondered if I should try to let it get as much sun as possible or if its better to try to acclimate it to less sun for the winter. Also, does the movement jeopardize the limes development? Is it likely, if I don't have the ideal conditions inside that the limes will ever develop fully? One last questions, with all those limes, should I water it more or just continue to let the top dry out first before watering?