Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
care for fruiting lime

Posted by bibbus 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 21:25

I really have enjoyed reading so many expert's advice on this forum. Thank you! I have a Duarte Bearss Seedless Lime tree that has one lime about the size of a large marble and 7 other tiny limes developing. It is planted in the original pot and is about 2 1/2 ft tall. The plant has new growth on a couple of the branches. Nights started to get cooler so for a couple of weeks I would take it in at night and then if warm enough put it back outside. We had a cold snap and I just brought it inside full time for a couple of weeks and put it in a sunny window. The larger lime has not grown much since I brought it inside. Now we are having consistently warm sunny days again and I wondered if I should try to let it get as much sun as possible or if its better to try to acclimate it to less sun for the winter. Also, does the movement jeopardize the limes development? Is it likely, if I don't have the ideal conditions inside that the limes will ever develop fully? One last questions, with all those limes, should I water it more or just continue to let the top dry out first before watering?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: care for fruiting lime

i dont have any limes, but i'd let it get as much sun as possible, as long as its warm outside. have you thought about artificial lights?

continue with your regular watering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here