Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
winter temps??

Posted by queenbee_1 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 11 at 21:34

I would love to have a few citrus trees. I am in zone 7/8 (right on the line). I have a heated building w/ large windows --we can keep it at around 45*-50* thru out the winter.During the summer, I have plenty of space for it to be in full sun or partical shade..

What is the lowest temp. for Meyers Lemon and a lime, to survive and even thrive?

And could you suggest a lime that will do well in these conditions? Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: winter temps??

to survive, above freezing, mid/low 30's at night

to thrive, prob above 60'F and lots of light, 10-12 hrs

o

My meyers survive dips in to the low 20's but take some damage, they are in the ground though and I am sure it would be worse for them if they were in a pot.

o

Please don't forget about your mix.

If you don't have them potted in a very porous mix that will dry out quickly between waterings in temps that low, you will lose them no matter what to root rot.

Cold and wet do not bode well for citrus.

Mike:-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here