Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milehighgardener

Submit Pictures of your Meyer Lemon, Bears Lime, Any Citrus Tree

MileHighGardener
9 years ago

I Love, Love Citrus trees and was wondering heck why not? Lets start a citrus post where everyone may upload pictures of their gorgeous trees. I consider Citrus to be one of the most beautiful trees.

Everyone is welcome to post!!

Ready.. Set.. Go!

Comments (52)

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    9 years ago

Thank u Mile My guess on clementines would be 3 TO 5 yrs if it stays happy. I have close to 30 trees I will post pics as I put them in greenhouse this year.
    Trace

• DocHollywood 9b Central Tucson
    9 years ago

Trovita Sweet Orange on the left.
    Lisbon Lemon on the right

9 years ago

Key Lime (thornless)

9 years ago

Rio Red Grapefruit

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@Trace, as impatient as i am that is why i prefer grafted citrus but kudos on raising your citrus from seed. And Holy Moly!! 30? wow that is amazing i would love to see all of them when you have the time. With winter quickly approaching,It's time to bring the kids in! i'll post pictures of my citrus tomorrow.

@DocHollywood Gorgeous trees you have going on there! the key lime is one of my favorite citrus trees! it looks well established. Your grapefruit seems to be reaching for the sky! nice dark green foliage. Lisbon Lemon? I've never heard about that lemon before lol

Thanks for the posts guys lets keep them coming
    Mile

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@DocHollywood I forgot to mention you have a really nice backyard! nice and organized

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

Great pics everyone.

My best Sweetlee tangerine tree grown from seed is now 5 ft 1 inch and doing well.

Steve

This post was edited by poncirusguy on Fri, Oct 31, 14 at 10:05

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Wow Doc, your trees have grown a lot since earlier pictures you posted. Nice!

Cory

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

Valencia orange last spring. Not a great photo, sorry.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

Only three fruit on this patio Satsuma this season, but the fruit are enormous...easily as large as a naval orange. I'll let them ripen just a bit longer.

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Rio red grapefruits that are about to be ready in a month or so to pick.

{{gwi:638847}}

Here is a pic of the whole rio red grapefruit tree from about 8 months ago, it's mich bigger now.

{{gwi:570145}}

Meyer lemon that I just planted a few weeks ago.

{{gwi:635097}}

Gold nugget mandarin on left, pomona sweet Lemon front not planted earlier this year and my Mexican key lime on the right.

{{gwi:636985}}

variegated pink lemon tree, 1st photo is from when I planted the tree in February of this year, the second photo is from a couple weeks ago.

{{gwi:570135}}

{{gwi:570171}}

Evan

• uncle molewacker z9b Danville CA (E.SF Bay)
    9 years ago

Here is one of my Redblush grapefruits. It's been moved 2x since its original spot in 2007 and has been in this particular spot for about 2.5 years. It also survived a significant singe from a fire. It is finally getting some traction and i may start pruning to reshape it next year. The fruit ripened late July - mid August this past summer, so the ones hanging have a long ways to go.
    - George

• BarbJP 15-16/9B CA Bay Area
    9 years ago

Here's my kitchen deck potted citrus.
    Most of these are destined to go into the ground next spring.

From left to right;
    Back row-
    Tango mandarin, Yuzu lime, Meiwa kumquat, Meyer lemon. W.Murcott Afourer mandarin, Cara Cara orange,

Front row-
    Page mandarin, Eureka lemon, Santa Teresa lemon, another Meyer Lemon.

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heres my Key Lime I'm trying to raise back to good health

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Key Lime 2

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Key Lime 3

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heres my Bears Lime grafted on a FD rootstock I'm guessing since FD rootstock grows slowly i won't be seeing growth or blooms for a long time.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

I love threads like this because wee see the pictures of the best trees instead of sickly trees screaming for help. It is here I can see that there is a slight chance that citrus trees can be grown by a home owner. My sweetlee #3. All my seed grown sweetlee tangerine trees are from seed planted at the same time. Their parentage is different.

Steve

• northbay12
    9 years ago

I'm with Steve, it's nice to see everyone's beautiful trees!
    Mato Buntan
    {{gwi:638853}}
    'Tango' mandarin and 'Rio Red' grapefruit
    {{gwi:638855}}
    From the other side
    {{gwi:638857}}
    'Shasta Gold' mandarin
    {{gwi:638858}}
    'Gold Nugget' mandarin
    {{gwi:638860}}
    'Kishu' mandarin
    {{gwi:638862}}
    'Vainiglia Sanguigno' starting to recover from being moved last summer. Believe it or not, this is an improvement
    {{gwi:638864}}
    'Smith Red Valencia'
    {{gwi:638866}}
    'Valencia' orange and 'Improved Meyer' lemon
    {{gwi:638868}}
    Backing up
    {{gwi:638870}}
    'Bearss' lime
    {{gwi:638871}}
    I'll post the rest some other time.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

This is the correct picture for sweetlee tree #3 to replace the picture above.

Steve

This post was edited by poncirusguy on Sat, Nov 1, 14 at 11:12

9 years ago

Tango Mandarin Trees

9 years ago

Rio Red Grapefruit are starting to "blush"

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Pictures from today....
    Pomona sweet lemon

Cara cara navel orange

Gold nugget mandarin

Mexican key lime with more fruit than my family and 2-3 of my close friends can go through as you'll notice all of the fruit below the tree.

Another key lime that I planted 2 years ago.

My Meyer lemon from a different angle and some cool color effects added.

Rio red grapefruit.

{{gwi:638881}}

{{gwi:638883}}

Bearss lime tree making a recovery after my intense desert sun nearly cooked it to death this summer.

{{gwi:638885}}

Bearss different angle.

{{gwi:638886}}

Evan

This post was edited by evdesert on Sat, Nov 1, 14 at 17:18

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful Trees everyone!! Everyone is encouraged to post.

Side note: Id love to see some of Patty and Mike's trees

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Some fresh new growth in my variegated pink eureka lemon.

{{gwi:638887}}

• happygarden168
    9 years ago

I love everyone's pictures.
    My pics, from left to right, coming in from the cold.
    DeNule Clementine, meyer lemon, gold nugget mandrain.

• happygarden168
    9 years ago

I love everyone's pictures.
    My pics, from left to right, coming in from the cold.
    DeNule Clementine, meyer lemon, gold nugget mandrain.

{{!gwi}}

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Mile High, your key limes look as though they could use some nutrients, judging by the leaves. I see that they're in a nice bark based mix, which can require an increase in nutrient dose or frequency from time to time.

Here's a shot of my Meyer Lemon. It's put on a fantastic flush of new growth in the past month and a half, and just in the past week the fruit began to color up. Only a month or so to go before I can harvest lemons.

Josh

{{gwi:638888}}

{{gwi:638889}}

And a shot of the Moro Blood Orange....

{{gwi:638890}}

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@Josh

They sure do! i recently got that poor key lime out of a really heavy potting mix. which explains the chlorisis of the leaves. i haven't fertilized it yet because i remember someone mentioning to let the tree push out some new growth then hit it with a shot of foliage pro! which i will do next watering

P.S I'm starting to see some new buds starting to emerge from the key lime

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Excellent!
    How long ago did you re-pot? You should only wait 1 - 2 weeks for new roots to colonize the mix, then hit 'em with fertilizer. If you'd rather start light, just go with 1/2 strength.

Josh

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

Some beautiful trees, everyone!

Jan '12 'Cara Cara', flying dragon rootstock
    {{gwi:638891}}
    Feb 14'
    {{gwi:638892}}
    Yummy!
    {{gwi:638893}}

• aurorawa
    9 years ago

Okay, so mine has a long way to go. Germinated July of this year. Lisbon lemon seedling.

9 years ago

Sumo orange tree.
    Trace

9 years ago

Kimbrough. Mandarin
    Trace

• serge94501
    9 years ago

Here's a Rotuma Island Orange grafted onto C-35. Years away from fruit but hoping for the best!

• sololupo
    9 years ago

Here we are in October and I brought my girls in for the season.I have been caring for a Lantana, a myrtle and a lemon tree since my husband passed 12 years ago. They are all in their 20's and I am terrified that I might lose one every time I bring them in. Some years the mealy bugs get a hold and I have to spend hours every day grooming them but the last two years have been OK except for the spider webs in March. By then I always know we will make it through another year. This year my lemon put out long shoots very quickly and I don't know if I should prune them or wait till spring? I can post pictures of the other two if you want.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

Trace
    nice Kimbrough. you'll be very happy with that tree. It seems that all the trees look great.

I don't know if videos count but a picture is worth a 10000 words and a video a trillion word Click below for my latest citrus work.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-nVd3r8vw

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@Josh

Sorry Josh i haven't been on this forum in a few days. Anyways i repotted the key lime around late September. I took the key lime indoors like 3 weeks ago, looking at it now its dropping leaves i believe its due to the sudden light changes. I saw some buds on the tree just a few days ago that look like they will start pushing out soon

P.S i'll upload some pictures soon of the buds.

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dear, Patty, Mike, And Johnn

If your reading this forum i would love to see your trees.

Thanks

• Ryan
    9 years ago

Sololupo, Your tree looks fantastic - you are doing a great job taking care of it. Winters can be hard. I would try getting a spray bottle of insect killing soap from lowes or HD. Bring the tree outside on a warmer day once or twice a month. spray is well let it dry and bring it back in - the insect killing soap woks well for mealy bugs & spider mites.

• sololupo
    9 years ago

@ Ryan
    I'm still working out where and how to follow a thread...so I am reposting the 30 year old citrus...I pruned her yesterday...I hope i cut back enough.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

You are REPOSTING not REPOTTING your 30 year old tree, if I follow correctly. Your tree looks very nice and posted well.

Steve

• houstontexas123
    9 years ago

meyer lemons

• houstontexas123
    9 years ago

my 2 yr old with N33 navel oranges

• dan62
    9 years ago

My calamondin orange tree , about 5 yrs old, lives on my south facing front porch..

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice trees everyone!

• Andrew9623
    9 years ago

Here's my Meyer lemon tree. He and I have been through a lot. When I first bought it it had both aphids AND thrips and was pot-bound. Now he's a (as far as I know) healthy Meyer lemon tree. I can't wait until he starts producing!!!

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My bears lime started shooting up new growth for the first time!

• MileHighGardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Any Blooms yet? Post them here.