Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall/Winter weather predictions.

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:49

As much as I love the cool crisp fall air, at the same time, I hate what it means. I am all readfty behind on getting everything prepared for over wintering. I still need to trim back over 100+ plumeria leaves, and dig out plumeria seedlings, AND over a half dozen Amaryllis bulbs.

Last night, I had gone to The Weather channel's website, and read some interesting info on predictions for this fall and winter. From what I read(and I did check a couple websites, and they seem to agree that the fall/winter temps for the Northeast are going to be ABOVE NORMAL!!! Now I know better than to get too excited, but this has all ready been one of the warmest Octobers we have had in years! Last year we had a record breaking snow/ice storm and I had all my plants indoors for weeks all ready!

So, I am going tokeep my fingers crossed, and hopefully this will be a nice abnormally warm winter! Sounds great Meyer Mike doesn't it!

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall/Winter weather predictions.

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:59

Andrew. I hope you do get a warmer the normal winter. I haven't read much about ours but we are due for a bad one. We have been lucky the last 2.

Mike

o

I am hoping that we all have a good winter. We did luck out last winter, but our previous winter 2012 was not so nice.

o

And I am hoping for a wetter winter than we had last year. I fear we're moving into our classic drought cycle here in S. California. We had several very great, rainy winters for about 3 or 4 years until last winter. So, crossing my fingers for La Nina here in my neck of the woods.

Patty S.

o

Andrew!! How did you know I'd be excited at hearing thiis..lol

You bring good news after hearing the Farmers Almanac saying it was going to be a very tough abd frigid winter here.....Goodness I hope you are right...

Hey, the ground hog is wrong every year, so maybe the Almanac will be ad you right!!!!

Remember 3 years ago when we never got a frost all winter, until about April that is after everything was in bloom and green and then we got an ice storm which killed most of my plants! Our weather is nuts no matter how you look at it....lol

Take care

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here