Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
connecticutbug

Repotting Dwarf Meyer Lemon-Indoor and Outdoor

connecticutbug
11 years ago

I've had a dwarf meyer lemon tree for about 5 years now in a container and it is time to upgrade the pot. I already bought a pot one size up, and am battling with what type of soil I should use.

I keep the plant indoors for about 8 months of the year, and outdoors for about 4 months.

Soil Recommendations? Can anyone give some recommendations on a good soil that I can purchase at Home Depot, or a Garden center already mixed in a reasonable ratio?

The seller suggests that I use a soil that is light and drains well, and if it has a lot of peat that I should mix cedar shavings in to help with drainage. Also, that I should use a soil specified for outdoor usage to ensure it does not have wetting agents.

Below I linked to a soil mix that I found on this forum, but was never sure if its ideal to go out and find all the ingredients, or if there is something that already exists since I only need a small amount to fill one pot.

My main questions are:

-Does a soil exist that I can purchase that is already mixed in a good ratio?

-If not, what do you recommend I use/mix?

-Anyone know of a good fertilizer? I currently use Miracle grow mir-acid that I mix into water every once in a while. I'm guessing there is something better out there.

Thanks everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Container Soils from this forum-Al's Mix

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths