Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mr_z1

Oro Blanco left in the car while at work... now sunburned..help!

mr_z1
10 years ago

Hey guys and gals,

My Oro Blanco tree was doing great until fall came, which meant 30 minutes of sunlight every day. This caused some of the new growth to stop dead in its tracks and some parts actually crumbled after touching it. I decided to move it to my mom's apartment where it could get more sunlight, so I dropped it in my car, front seat and all and drove it to work. While at work it was sitting in about 8 hours of full sun, windows rolled up, 86 degree weather etc. When I came back I noticed 80% of the leaves were withered up, turned brown and dry as hell! Even some of the branches were turned brown! When I brought it to the destination, I watered the tree, although the next day it was just a tad better, the damage was already done.

Notes
-------
1. Part of the tree was exposed for 8 hours of full sunlight, 86 degrees weather with the windows rolled up.
2. That particular day was when it was scheduled to be watered; I wanted to get home to water it.
3. Tree now has some branches brown while others are green
4. It's been 4 days now and the damaged leaves are still hanging on to the tree.

What should I do next? Should I cut the brown branches or let them be? Should I remove the brown leaves? How can I help rehabilitate the damaged half of the tree?

Comments (13)