Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calamansi seeds

Posted by manure_queen md 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 15:22

Just bought some soy sauce flavored with kalamansi. After researching what it was, and discovering that it is a citrus type fruit. Might anyone be growing it . I would like to try some seeds.
contact me at mirka1941 at yahoo dot com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calamansi seeds

Calamansi is another term from Calamondin. You can purchase a Calamondin tree from many different online sources, manure queen. Check out Four Winds, Logee's, and Clifton's. I have a row of lovely little variegated Calamondin trees I use for ornamental purposes along my driveway. They are very prolific fruit bearers.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Winds Growers: Calamondin

o

I have 2 calamondin trees at my lemon farm; they are decorative mostly; but they produce prolifically all year round. I lived in the Philippines for 3 years; there the calamondin/calamansi is the principal "lemon", although it is not a lemon. In the US it is often sold as a "Baby orange" or "miniature orange", although it is not that either; but if you leave it on the tree, it will become orange, and a bit sweeter. FYI it usually has more seeds than juice and a quite thin skin... easy to grow and makes a nice indoor plant as well.

o

I guess it also makes nice marmalade and the juice is good to cook with, used like a lemon or lime. I've not tried either, yet, but I surely have enough Calamondins to try. I have 5 little trees and have about 100 to 200 fruit on them! They make very nice ornamental trees.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here