Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggyby

Bugs 9

maggyby
9 years ago

Hi Everyone. I have been out all day shopping. It is like a zoo out there today. Every one is Christmas shopping. I will be back in a bit. Just wanted to show you my surprise today. .it is a beauty. I am thrilled. Maggy

Comments (152)

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Maggy....I took a quick break to tell you to tell her to send me one,.Either an extra in your bx to save shipping or hook me up with her site or phone and I will order one too...Thanks you my friend..I will be back later.

I recieved your emails just fine...

MIke

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Maggy..I finally had an extra second to read through the WHOLE e-mail and I caught that you are very very sick..Many hugshugshugshugshugs to you my dear friend..I am so sorry..We all love you. Please let us know you are ok. I really wilkl keep yoou in my heart and mind...I will check in on you latter through e-mail my friend.

MIke

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mike, thank you for your kind words . I am not feeling very well . I appreciate you hugs and thoughts . I am eating everything in the house as the steroids make me hungry. They also make me hyper . One time when taking them I was outside until midnight with a flash light digging my garden and again at 6am planting. My husband thought I was a ',little strange. '
    Cory sorry about your phone. Hope you are able to get it fixed or replaced and will be back with us soon. Hi Brian. Maggy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hello gang . Maggy darling how are you feeling ? I hope alot better today , these dam viruses are brutal today and they go right to the lungs without fail . Not only that they last forever :-( . Mikey how are you feeling buddy how are you managing with the flu and your hand ? We're you able to get that beautiful orange tree of yours into the GH . I see that you guys are in for a snowstorm even Cory missery loves company lol . Cory what an interesting experiment with the citrus and you get to keep the seeds . I wonder if that is done in Canada ? Are they the newest and latest varieties ? Glad to see you back Cory . Hope your feeling better Steve . Hi Trace . Maggy and Mikey big hugs for you guys and hope you guys get back to 100% soon xoxo . Hi mom hugs I hope your well . Who 's cooking the turkey you or Mike ?

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Brian, I am not feeling very well. Stayed in bed most of the day but have to sit up with pillows . My lungs definitely hurt and it is a monster virus. Started 50 mg of prednisone this morning so hopefully it will kick in soon to make breathing easier. Since it is a virus not much point in starting the antibiotics .
    I always have both on hand .in the past it has taken a long time to recover.
    One of my pups is peeing in the house. I think it is Teddy because he always asks to go out and he hasn't been asking. I think it is because I am sick and his routine is changed. They are so sensitive and if I am upset or sick they get really protective.
    Those citrus that Cory recieved looks amazing. I bet they taste good.
    It is looking more and more like I may not be able to go to the retreat. I don't think others would appreciate me showing up sick and I am not sure I could go anyway. My husband has offered to drive me on Fri. Or Sat or if I go Thru to come and get me if I don't feel well. What a kind jester. It is 4 hours each way.
    Mike I forgot to ask if your hand is better. Hope you and Cory don't get too much snow .Steve are you getting snow. Did your trees recover. Have a good night. Maggy

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Cory. maybe you are right about the hand..When an asprin gets rid of the pain, somethings up..It's been fine since I took those pills but I still feeli a slight pinching right at the base of my thumb, especially when I type.
    I hate getting older...
    Thank you for the info on what I can do for it. I have heard that it works very well. I am so glad it worked for you. I know many that have actually been helped more than what Western Docs could do..
    I would go but I think it's expensive here. I need to make sure of the problem first..I will consider that for sure.)
    I am glad to see that your phone allowed you to post. Sheesh..Do you have an Ipad or a computer? How do those work for you? Do you just use your phone for posting here?
    Yes, I think I will I will learn so much with Bob and he is going to be very generous.
    The only thing I hate about being there is that I see just how big some of my orchids would and should grow an then realize I just won't have the room with the ones I already have, especially if I have to repot into much larger containers ...I think I need to go smaller and withdraw from ordering anything that could get huge...I never realized that Cattaleya's could get so HUGE! And unless they are that HUGE, I wil never get the massive amount of flowers I would like. Sheesh.lol
    I can't believe that you put that Snow blower together!! I can't read instructions for all the money in the world, and I can't even put together anything simple. I have to give it to you. You sure are a handy women for sure....Wow.
    LKet us know how much snow you had to remove..This weather stinks..It's much too early for us especially when average temps are suppose to be 50...We are getting jipped once again of warm weather for more than a day or two.

Maggy, I am so sorry you are soo sick. You have to get better. Get plenty of rest please..I can't believe that your pup is so protective like that. That is unconditional love for sure! I hope what ever your on will help you soon. You need to get strong to take care of all your needs. Who else will do it?
    I hate anti-biotics and the way they make me feel. They dry me out and make me hungry...I don't sleep well on them either. I swear they put them up with Caffeine...
    Your husband is too kind..What a nice guy he is...You have to love him for sure.
    Sorry you can't make your retreat Maggy...

Brian, what's up pal? I am doing better..I stopped taking the Sudefed yesterday and of course the runny nose and post nasal drip comes back. Time to get bakc on that. Then the fingers, well that better after a few Advil..Have not had a problem since but I still feel tightness in my thumb base area...I hate it.
    My foot I broke was hurting yesterday for the first time in months..I think it's this stupid funky weather..Highs and low, drastic changes..I think it's going to kill my perrenial shrubs...
    I am not sure baout my frogs either. I'll be lucky if they come back. I am tired of worrying about my plants, frogs, yard, health, mother and so on...What ever happens happens now...What ever plant dies, dies..I will just oss it and not replace it. The lkess is best I guess..I am just plain ole tired and no one here ever wants to help me..Sometime I think, well I know no one gives a hoot about what I like, do or me in general. I work with mostly but holes whom I am always nice to, and come into contact with more people that don't give a crap about anyone but themselves, self absorbed, you know...
    I get tired...I wish I could just take a nice trip somewhere to a place nice and warm by myself and leave everyone behind...The only thing around me not self absorbed is my mother, and at minute times, my cat.

I wish you could of had a way of putting the solar pool cover over your greenhouse..But, it seems that you have made bubble wrap work for you. That is what I was going to do until I thought that a solar cover had to be easier...But if it works for you, godd for that! It's loosing electricity and teh cost that I worry about more than anything now, once temps drop into the 0 range..That happened alot last year..I hated it.
    At times, I would call and remind my mother all day to look at the thermometer in there, and to let me know if we ever loose electricity for even a sec. I even taught her how to turn them back on again incase of course I can't be there to even do it. I work 30 minutes from home and you would be surprised at how fast temps can drop in there if the heat goes out..I wish I had money to invest in a generato and a gas stove for there. Maybe someday)

I am in store for almost of foot of snow tomorrow..We will see about that. If I do get it, it will be a blessing in diguise since all my potted plants and ground ones do much better with a protective layer of snow to insulate them through the bitter bitter cold..If if were not for the snow cover last year, I would lost many containerized plant over wintering from the descication and ground plants from a deep deep below the frost line freeze. Many bulbs would of suffered.
    Last year it took weeks for the ground to thaw even with warm temps in spring and even with the snow cover. All plants came up over 3 weeks late and everything bloomed at once..I didn't even get to enjoy a spring at all..(

Maggy, please take care of those lungs..That worries me..It must be really bad for you to have to take those kinds of meds...We will keep you in our prayers..

By the way, Mom thanks you all for thinking of her. She has been more healthy than sick lately thank goodness..Shes been showing off her new body in smaller dresses..lol. I guess that's a good sign for her. She has always hated the way she looks, besides feels.

Hugs to you all!!

MIke

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy poor you , you must be very uncomfortable . Lots of rest darling maybe it would be a good idea to cancel your retreat weekend I know how much you wanted to go but when your that sick you really will want all the comforts of home . Honestly I did not want to do anything for 3 weeks and I am still tired it really throws your body into a loop . Your husband is such a gentleman good on him . Sounds like teddy is misbehaving a little bit . I think they understand that something is wrong but they are so much on a schedule they don't know any better . Hope you made out OK with the wind storm last night . I saw on the news Toronto and Hamilton had lots of damage even in pockets around here there was damage . Here the winds howled all night I had a hard time falling a sleep from all the noise . Looked at the long range forecast and nothing out of the ordinary until the end of December actually we might go a little above normal that will sure help with the heating costs . Looking forward to the middle of December everything in the greenhouse is really starting to ripen up especially the lemons and limes . I also have some mandarins that are very close to being ripe . It's so nice to see all are hard work pay off . So Maggy get lots of rest and eat lots when I was ill I ate like a pig and I had all these wild cravings . You take care of yourself darling lots of big hugs .

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

MIKE! Check you email.i have a message for you. Maggy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Mikey sounds like your not having a great day it will pass buddy . Everyone has days like that , you know what I do when I feel the world does give a darn I walk down to the basement and throw on a few episodes of Gilligan's island and the Flintstones it some how helps . On Gilligan's island everyone gets along and cares about each other . Mike that's the way to think if some of the plants don't make it so be it there are always other's you know there's only so much you can do and we all know here that you give it your best .This is how I felt last year I was overwhelmed with all my trees but that feeling past and I love them all again . Mike the winter is beginning to look not that bad but there will be a few minor hiccups and it sounds like you might have a major hiccup tomorrow but it will melt in a few days . So Mike are you going to try cooking a turkey , easy . I am looking forward to The new Planet of the apes I think it comes out next week . That's great your mom is feeling better and I don't know one person on this planet who doesn't feel insecure about their looks your mom sounds very normal big hugs for her and a big hug for you buddy don't worry you will be feeling good again soon . Your such a wonderful person !!!

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mike . That was a long post . I know what you mean about losing plants . Last year I lost some I had been growing for a long time. It was the thaw and freezing that got them. Some herbs that come up every year just didn't come up at all.
    You will learn a lot from Bob. You will have to share his secrets with us. Space is definitely a consideration. I saw some huge catteyla's at the orchid show and they are so beautiful. They take your breath away.
    Mike, I hear what you are saying about wanting to just get away and leave everything behind. That would be nice for you . You are a kind and giving person and the caregiver needs care too.
    Sometimes it must feel overwhelming. We love you Mike.
    I think Brian had some good advise. I know how you hate winter . Before you know it the sun will shine again and you will feel less overwhelmed. One thing I have learned in life is that things are constantly changing and they always get better. Take care my dear friend . Maggy

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brian, thank you for your concern. You are right. I just want the comforts of home. At least I don't have to go to work.
    Brian, my husband is one in a million. He is so kind. I am blessed.
    Teddy is definitely misbehaving. He is worried about me and won't leave me ,even to go out. Buddy is the same. They are very attached to me.
    It would be nice if you could get a solar cover next year. It is 34 degrees outside and 66 degrees in the greenhouse right now. The good thing is you can always open the door because there is no ice build up under the cover.
    Once we figured it out it was easy to install.
    You gave Mike some good advise. I don't think he realizes how much we love him and care about him.
    Hope Cory doesn't need to use her new snow blower yet. I can't imagine putting it together. She is amazing.
    Have a great night friend. Maggy

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Here is a link to Fruitmentors site. He has more fruit available for taste testing.

Cory

Here is a link that might be useful: Take the taster test

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cory. Another sleepless night so got up. It is not so much the breathing as the effect of the prednisone . Makes me have insomnia .
    I hear on the weather report that snow is predicted for your area..Also for Mike I think. I hope you will not be travelling any distance as your Thanksgiving approaches. Are you cooking of spending it with your sister? It is a much bigger holiday in the U.S. than Canada. I saw on the Detroit weather that travel will be difficult from the Eastern Sea Board . The radar looks nasty. We seem to be missing it .
    Unfortunately I am not going to be able to go to the rug hooking retreat. I am very disappointed but as Brian pointed out when one isn't feeling well they want the comforts of home. Besides I don't think I would expose the other guests to my germs and my coughing.
    I know your phone is not working well and it is difficult for you to post. Do you have an iPad or laptop ? I find posting from my phone difficult because I can't see the small letters.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Cory. Thinking of you.
    Maggy

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cory. Another sleepless night so got up. It is not so much the breathing as the effect of the prednisone . Makes me have insomnia .
    I hear on the weather report that snow is predicted for your area..Also for Mike I think. I hope you will not be travelling any distance as your Thanksgiving approaches. Are you cooking of spending it with your sister? It is a much bigger holiday in the U.S. than Canada. I saw on the Detroit weather that travel will be difficult from the Eastern Sea Board . The radar looks nasty. We seem to be missing it .
    Unfortunately I am not going to be able to go to the rug hooking retreat. I am very disappointed but as Brian pointed out when one isn't feeling well they want the comforts of home. Besides I don't think I would expose the other guests to my germs and my coughing.
    I know your phone is not working well and it is difficult for you to post. Do you have an iPad or laptop ? I find posting from my phone difficult because I can't see the small letters.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Cory. Thinking of you.
    Maggy

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi everyone, Mike,Cory are you getting the storm ? . I have been tracking the radar and it looks like quite a messy forecast. At least your trees and orchids are safe and sound in your greenhouse. I did venture in mine for a minute. I picked the tangerine but it sure looks like a Mandarin to me. Brian it definitely is not a nules.
    My night was not so good . Had about two hours sleep ,mostly from coughing and insomnia due to prednisone. I just feel lousy. I cancelled the retreat and to tell you the truth I am relieved. I was surprised when the owner of the iInn said she would refund my money.
    My dogs are going to get groomed today. Our dog sitter is taking them. She is just the nicest person. So kind and the dogs adore her.
    I figured out what was wrong with Teddy abc why he was going to the bathroom in the house. We bought a new vacuum last week and Rick put it together on the week- end .it has been in the family room. I remembered that he gets very upset if we bring something new into the house.He growls and barks at it. He decided not to eat unless I hand feed him . What a baby.! And he wants me to carry him . Can you believe that.! Mystery solved. They are such funny little creatures and have funny little ways sometimes. I put the vacuum away and he is fine.
    Brian, I have quite a few lemons . They might be ripe by Christmas.one tree is filled with blossoms and one small tree has lost all it's leaves but it is alive so may recover. I am going to start my baking next week as soon as I am better. You will need to provide me with an address so I can send your package. Email it to me maggyemma@hotmail.com.
    Steve, I am wondering how you are doing and how your trees are faring. I know they got some cold exposure.
    Take care friends. Maggy

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy, sorry you are feeling so bad. I can't take any of the...sones or my whole body swells up and feels like it won't fit my skeleton. Prednisone really speeds me so I know how you feel. I don't take anything now and keep coughing and wheezing and fortunately I can get through it, but i dont get as bad as you do. For some reason this site keeps shutting down my phone and causes it to reboot. This doesn't happen on any other site. Sometimes I get through. I thought the problem was my phone but now I am thinking it is the site. I use Motorola Droid RAZR. Sorry you are missing the hooking retreat weekend. It sounds like it would be fun. My cousin invited us for Thanksgiving dinner which is less than mile away. My sisters are further. Her grandchildren will be there too. It is snowing here. I went out to move my car to the beginning of my long driveway in case I can't shovel the whole thing. I slipped and twisted my knee, but it was a soft landing as I was on the grass. I don't think I am hurt. I have to be in good shape to shovel later. I am having fun doing the citrus taste test. Some have seeds. Ihave a few I will try growing as they taste great. Some I didn't care for so well not try growing those. My brother is enjoying doing it with me. Did you see if he would send some for you to try? I think the link I posted works. Get well soon.

Cory

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cory, thank you for your kind words. Today is no a good day. Yes, I hat prednisone and I always get withdrawal when I come off it as my respiralogist doesn't taper the dosage. I take 50 mg for a week. If I don't take it will end up in hospital. The nighttime is always the worse and you feel so alone .
    Sory to hear of your phone troubles. I think it might be the site as well because it happens to me but only on gardenweb. I write in my browser and then cut and paste . That seems to work.
    Cory, I am so sorry you fell. I do hope you did not injure your knee. Shovelling is a hard job so as you say you need to be in good shape to do it. My husband has two hip replacement and I worry about him falling . Our very kind neighbour always does ours when he does his. We are so fortunate. We only have a short driveway.
    The fruit sounds wonderful. Do you know what they are? Or is it a blind test.? I bet your brother is enjoying the taste testing, it would be neat to grow the ones you like from seed.
    I did sign up for the newsletter but not the fruit as He only ships to the US. A pity.
    It is nice that you will be with family for Thanksgiving. That is what it is all about. I hope you have a wonderful day .Please take care.Maggy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy sorry to hear that you put in another rough night . That must be a scary thing . Believe it or not my bug try's coming back on me every few days . I had a little bit of a cough this afternoon but I am generally feeling fine . What do you mean thanksgiving is all about family I always thought it was about the turkey and stuffing and the pumpkin pie lol . I think that you probably made a wise decision canceling on your retreat . You know if I was in that predicament the moment after I made the cancelation call I would all of a sudden feel fine this is the kind of luck I have . I always seem to get sick on every big occasion were there is delicious food being served eg Christmas , Easter etc . Maggy that fruit looks delicious have you opened it up yet the vitamin C won't hurt . It's hard to tell by the picture but I think you think the fruit is to large . I don't know the size of it but the fruit does look a bit like a nules is the peel a dark orange almost with a little bit of a red tinge . The nules are kind of like the same size you see in the grocery stores in the box or loose . Maggy a very cool cloudy raw day here but no snow like our friends Mikey and Cory . Cory did you slip on snow or ice that was on your lawn ? You remember Maggy when i showed a picture of our first snow and boosting about how much I love snow well didn't I almost break my neck going down the backyard steps they were coated in ice . Every year without fail we forget how to walk and drive in the white stuff. Maggy hope you are able to eat lots it will give you the strength to fight this bug off . Hoping teddy is behaving for you today . Maggy my friend wishing wishing you get rid of this bug and have a restful night my friend . P's mY friend at work has the Game of Thrones series he is going to loan it to me to watch sounds Good . Hi Mikey hope your doing better today . Sometimes we just have to laugh about life we are always going against the grain or that's how it feels like sometimes. Let us know Mikey how your turkey turned out lol. Happy Thanksgiving to you and mom. Hi Cory I hope you enjoy your time with your family . Maggy and I will be thinking of you and that delicious supper you will be eating around 6 PM tomorrow . Steve happay Thanksgiving buddy hope you are feeling better . How are your trees doing . Happy Thanksgiving Trace are you guys getting this cold weather ? Enjoy your turkey everyone . Hugs

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Brian, it does seem to be a stubborn bug for sure.lack of sleep is catching up with me That and the side effects of the steriods and I am pretty grumpy. Poor Rick. He is picking up the pups at the groomers on his way home from work. Can you believe Teddy has been sooky and wanting to be fed .carried etc. Well as soon as he saw Connie our dog sitter( she took him to the groomer) he went crazy. Waggy tail, kisses, running around. Little monster.
    what a character. Can't wait to see how cute they are after their hair cuts.
    We are going to eat the fruit when Rick gets home.it is bright orange but no red tinge and it and about the size of an orange. The last one had lots of seeds.
    I am cooking a ham ,mashed potato's and turnip . The Meds make me starved and hyper. Not a good scene', grumpy, hyper and hungry' LOL!
    Yes I seem to always get sick on holiday occasions too. I am relieved I don't have to go anywhere now that I made the decision. Thank you kindly for your good wishes,
    Mike, I too hope you are having a better day. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. Are you cooking a big Turkey. If I could I would cook one for you and your Mom with all the trimmings .you would never be hungry if you lived near me.
    Cory, hope your knee is o.k A Happy Thanksgiving to you. Eat lots and enjoy your family.
    Steve and same to you. Veggy Girl and Trace Happy Thanksgiving all.
    I am craving a turkey dinner.maybe I will cook one this week- end . Maggy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy it's sounds to me your on the way to recovering . You got your humor back that's for sure and when you can laugh at yourself well again you must be on the way to feeling better . Teddy sounds like a real character lol . You gave me a few good laughs thx . Maggy your so close to Detroit I would be stocking up on turkey' s I am sure they are on sale for a real good price now . I cooked a turkey last weekend we just polished it off tonight i am now turkey satisfied . It's funny when we are I'll we become more hungry and weird cravings and it usually junk food I crave . That taste test Cory did sounds interesting I wonder Cory do they charge to receive their newsletter and is the newsletter all about citrus ? Well Maggy darling try to go to bed early tonight it sounds like you sure need the rest after not sleeping the last few nights . Just shut your eyes and think of Portugal that should do it . Take care my friend !!!

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brian,I wrote you a long message and' poof' it was gone. Now I can't remember what I wrote. So will try again in the morning . Take care my friend
    Maggy

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Brian,Well I am like the ever ready battery. Tonight I asked him what time he wanted dinner. He laughed because I never have it ready at the time he says.( being an accountant he is very precise) however being on steriods I flew around the kitchen and it was 10 minutes early. My mind is going even faster than my body.
    Teddy is a funny little dog if he isn't feeling well he is a big baby. I remember when we first got him,he would lie at the top of the stairs and wait for me to carry him down. That lasted about a week and I finally caught on.
    Brian we did buy several turkeys in Detroit. I put one in the fridge tonight to thaw. Yummy.
    OMG! I got the recipe for the Italian Christmas fig cookies.they have Mandarin oranges as well as figs ,almonds in them. As soon as I can break
    out of here I 'M going shopping for ingredients. Them it is bake till you drop.
    I am going to have a cookie marathon. How cool is that.
    I am craving everthing in sight. I will weigh a ton by next week.
    I signed up for the fruit news letter. They do not ship fruit for tasting to canada but the newsletter sounds interesting.
    Well friend have a good night. Maggy
    Found it!

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy how are you feeling today, hopefully alot better . You gave me alot of good laughs last night . Sounds like you have the same problem with supper better be on the table when I get home lol . I find it so hard to eat right away after work I need some down time before eating like that's going to happen . So when is your next retreat ? You must be a little upset that you missed this one . I think you made the right decision . How did your clementine taste . You might be right that it's not a nules your fruit looked very flat on top and mine were not that flat . The grass is still green and that is amazing for this time of year maybe we are in for a good winter . Maggy right now our friends to our south are enjoying a beautiful supper just a little bit jealous . Having eggs and breakfast sausages for supper tonight not turkey or prime rib but it's alright . Speaking of prime rib I have been craving it all day . How do the pups look after their day at spa ? Hope Teddy is behaving . Well have a great night my friend and to everyone enjoying Thanksgiving have a great night .

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Brian,
    You are so kind. Thank you for being so caring . I had a bad night. Did not sleep at all. This afternoon I went in the darkened bedroom,put on some music and cuddled with my puppies and slept a good 1 1/2 hrs .it wasn't a lot but made a big difference.
    My husband has to unwind after working all day. He works with numbers so is very precise. If I say dinner is at 7 then how could it possibly be at 7.15. He is not demanding just on time.. I am the opposite .we are as different as day and night but it works. Keeps things interesting.
    Brian I was disappointed that I couldn't go to the retreat but at the same time relieved once I made the decision . The comforts of home is what I need now.
    The Clementine was to die for. OMG Rick loved it and had now loves the greenhouse. Loves those key limes in his drink
    Green grass! . Yes we have some too.
    I wish we were having turkey. I took one out last night to thaw. Will cook it in the week- end.
    I hope out US friends are having a wonderful celebration and feast.
    I made my list for my Christmas cookies so will be making them maybe this week- end or early next week. Might as well take advantage of the drug induced bursts of energy.
    The pups look so handsome and smell good too. Teddy is behaving. I think he is having his adolescence.
    Take care my friend. Don't forget to give me directions of where to send your cookies.
    Your going to love the fig ones. Maggy

This post was edited by maggyby on Thu, Nov 27, 14 at 17:48

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Removed

This post was edited by maggyby on Thu, Nov 27, 14 at 17:52

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Hello guys and gals///! I thought I would stop by and just say that I am tired, fat, and lazy these past few days..It felt good to sleep in two mornings in a row and it was fantastic helping my orchid buddy Bob out for a few hours today,,,

He told me that anything in bloom I can take home and enjoy while it is in bloom and then bring back. Anytime I need a repot he would let me do it there, supplies and everything for free, and if he has any dupiicates, I am welcome to have one of anything...Well, I never expected that much kindness, yikes..Overwhelming to be sure. Now I wish I had a much HUGER greenhouse...But the cost of heating it would kill me..He spends over 5000 dollars to heat that place in just three months..Forget that. Plus, I am beginning to realize it is much better to keep it smaller than to go as big as he has..Too much work, way too much!

Thank you for your kind words everyone...I appreciate that.
    Maggy, are you better these day? Worried about you(
    Brian, you are such a good man I wish I could meet in person buddy..Wish we could hang out)
    Cory, how was your Thanksgiving? Good Food?

I ate the usual at a co-workers home who was so nice to invite me..She has such a wonderful family..She is very kind. It has been cold, and to think we have months of it left does not sit well with me..It's sickening, especially after talking to my friend Josh who lives in Northern Calif. who tells me it been above normal for them for months and they usually have a frost by now, and nothing. I guess we know where the heat has been stuck for months on end! God, if the jet stream would just change for a while and favor warmth for us...

Maggy, I am sorry you could not make your retreat, darn it...Maybe next year sweetie)) Please get better fast! You are so sweet to have want to cook for us, I wish you did..lol We could use you around here for sure! I would hire you)

Cory, I signed up that site and have not heard a thing..Strange..But I am with you on that one..Let's see what happens..I love the colors..I am so happy you are having fun..Yum.

Brian, have you watched 'Games of Thrones' yet? Wowowoa..You would love that I watched all episodes from all seasons in three weeks? lol I was hooked!

Brian, thank you for your encouraging words..I love you. You are a good man and a big hearted one! Thanks to Maggy and Cory too for making a difference in my thinking...I feel like that at times, but never with you guys at all. Not ever..That is why I wished we lived closer..No one is interested in my hobbies except for you guys and my friend who lives miles away that I only get to see once every other week.
    Thank you.

Battery is in dying mode so before it dies, HUGS to all of you and time to get back to relaxing again and the gym

Take care and we shall all talk soon.

Cory, miss you)

MIke

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am down one furnace as the thermostat stopped working. They never last long. I thought I had a spare or two, but can't find them. Will have to order. Got a scare when I got home last night and temperature was 51°F in the greenhouse. Set at 63°F. Still not sure why it went so low so I hope the 2nd thermostat is not breaking down too. I boosted the temperature and finally the heat came on and seems to be holding. I hope you are feeling better Maggy. We had a nice Thanksgiving. My cousin baked a huge salmon filet and decorated it with red peppers for scales and an olive for its eye. She used small white onions for bubbles. Real cute. My Meyer lemons are turning a pretty yellow. Ready to harvest. The last Vaniglia sanguigna looks ripe too. Also a few Owari Satsuma. I still have 9 fruit from my tasting box to try. Mike, glad you had a couple of relaxing days and are having fun in Bob's greenhouse. Brian, you still have green grass? Mine is brown now after the snow. There was not enough snow to use the new snow blower.......thank goodness!!! I have a few more orchids blooming but my phone keeps running low on the battery and it's generally acting up.....deleting my words as fast as I write them. I guess I will have to break down and buy a new phone but I hate to go shopping especially during black Friday and Cyber Monday
    sales. I can't stand crowds and traffic.

Cory

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Cory, I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving. The salmon sounds interesting,especially so cleverly decorated.
    Sorry to hear your themostat failed in your greenhouse. Mine seems to be staying warm. It is set at 60 but seems to be around 66 even at night. Nice and arm in there.
    Last night was the first night I have slept for awhile. I actually slept 6 hrs and today seem to be getting better. Just very tired as it takes me awhile to recover after an episode. Unfortunately couldn't go to the retreat.
    It is good that you didn't need to use your new snow blower. We are having a little snow tonight but nothing significant.
    Sounds like you have been enjoying the fruit. Nice to see you back. Hope you get your phone issues resolved.
    Mike, hope you are relaxing tonight. Do you have the link to Bob's greenhouse. I can't find it and wanted to look at it again.
    Brian, are you behaving yourself? I hope you have a nice week-end
    Steve did you have a nice Thanksgiving? And Trace abc Veggi girl. What about you? Have a good night all. Maggy

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy..So good to see you are better, thank God))
    Here is the link for you again..I hope you are having a very relaxing night and that you have a great sleep!

Cory, I hope you get that fixed..Goodness, I'd be scared..I hope everything works out ok our dear friend!
    am so happy you didn't have to use the snow blower..Sheesh..I hate to think you will have to someday..Boy, I could use one!

Brian, hope you are having a beautiful evening buddy..Hugs to all of you!

My show is on again....'Grim'.....Just as good as the Game of Thrones..

Love you all

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob's greenhouse

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy..So good to see you are better, thank God))
    Here is the link for you again..I hope you are having a very relaxing night and that you have a great sleep!

Cory, I hope you get that fixed..Goodness, I'd be scared..I hope everything works out ok our dear friend!
    am so happy you didn't have to use the snow blower..Sheesh..I hate to think you will have to someday..Boy, I could use one!

Brian, hope you are having a beautiful evening buddy..Hugs to all of you!

My show is on again....'Grim'.....Just as good as the Game of Thrones..

Love you all

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob's greenhouse

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Mike. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. We recently started watching Game of Crowns. Interesting . Yes I am feeling better. Having some ginger,lemon,honey tea. So good. Tell your Mom thank you for her prayers and her kind thoughts. I really appreciate that And warmest wishes to her..
    Have a good night my friend. Maggy

• tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
    9 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone I hope you had a good day. My greenhouse is doing really good best investment I did.
    Trace

9 years ago

Another pic

9 years ago

Last pic

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Hi, testing my phone with Verizon.

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Nice trees Trace. Glad to hear the new greenhouse is working out well.

I wonder where everyone is today?

Cory

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Steve, it looks like you are having a heat wave in Cinncinati. Is it really 67°F? You too Maggy -- 62°F? It is 50°F here, but very dark and cloudy and feels cooler than it is. I am wondering where everyone is? I am still limping along with my phone after doing a factory reset again, but at least it is not shutting down every few minutes.

Cory

9 years ago

Thanks Cory I wonder where ppl went,pic of kumquats they are growing slowly.
    Trace

• meyermike_1micha
    9 years ago

Cory, I adressed you in my last post..Hope you are well))

I hope everyone is well...I've been sick and tired but coming along..Heat wave here too...57 and sunny today..Tomorrow 60...Saving on the electricity I tell you and all the snow is finally making room for another I am sure.

have a wonderful night everyone..Many hugs!

Mike

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Trace, nice kumquats. Is that a Meiwa? My Fukushu got a lot of fruit last year but not this year. Probably too much for a very small tree.

Mike, two thermostats are on order Monday. Raining here and 50°F but feels colder. Feel better.

Cory

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi guys . Hoping Maggy and Mikey are feeling better . I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend are you all shopped out ? Been vey busy this weekend with family issues . I guess we are all enjoying this beautiful weather 50 degrees today and zero degrees Tuesday night . Cory sure glad your plants were OK . Between now and the next two weeks hydro is going to be installing a smart meter I will have to give them a call and see what day they are planning on doing that work because I am sure they will have to cut the power . Trace your trees look so cozy in your GH . I am sure you are very happy that you made that investment . Hugs to all and have a great night

Brian

9 years ago

Yes good eye they are Meiwa my favorite.
    Trace

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    9 years ago

Hi all. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures and reading of the GH successes. We all made it through the cold snap. My unprotected trees are leafless with 2 nights of 13 F and one 15 F. Half are dead and half look OK trunk wise. There is no stress showing on any of the in GH plants. I moved all my window sill spinach from inside to on the roof with the kumquat trees and my WS beets into the south side GH. The 6 fig trees upstairs are hardening off to go in the GH for the winter. I have no changes to photograph.

I have warm weather right now and a good forcast of normal over the next 10 days.

Steve

PS don't let the spider mites bite

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi All, Steve sounds like you have a warm spell Hope your trees survive the cold spell you had. We had a warm up but now cold tonight again. Hope you are well.
    Mike I know you have been feeling tired and hope you are recovering . Are you going to Bob's greenhouse this week.
    Cory , and you still trying to get your phone issues resolved. I can't believe the trouble you have had with the phone and for so long.
    I hope you get your thermostat repaired before a cold spell. I am going to buy a propane Mr. Buddy for emergency in case of power failure.
    Brian, sorry to hear you had a busy week- led. Hope everything is ok. I am Still struggling abc lots of coughing, too my last steriod today but not better. I am up most nights . Just have to take knew day at a time. Get tired easily but this bug seems to linger.
    On Wed there are selling fresh oranges and gratefruit fromFlorida here so plan in buying some.
    Today I started my cookie marathon. Here are the Italian almond cookies I made this morning. Tomorrow it is the fig cookies.
    Well must go have turkey dinner. ( left overs)
    Have a great night .Maggy

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Whoops! Forgot the cookies
    Maggy

• cory (Zone 7a, NJ)
    9 years ago

Maggy, they look delicious!

Cory

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi . Brian, Are you o.k.? I miss hearing from you. Hope your are not sick again. How is your weather ? We had a couple of cold days but it is going to warm up in the next few days. I still have good days and bad days and it is a slow recovery. I spent 6 hrs today baking. Here are the Italian fig cookies
    Cory are you getting your thermostat fixed.? Have you got more blooming orchids ?
    Hi Mike. It has been quiet here lately .maybe everyone is busy.
    Have. a good night all. Maggy

• orangelime1
    9 years ago

Hi Maggy . I can smell those cookies from here yummy . How are you feeling now , sounds like you put in a real rough weekend so sorry to here that . This bug is relentless I still get small bouts of it but not as severe as a few weeks ago . So tired this week probably from all the drama on the weekend . Maggy so jealous that you finished your Christmas shopping and you did most of it while you were sick , I have not even started :-( . Maggy it's a blizzard outside everything is white again and it is cold windchill of minus 5 but alot milder tomorrow . Are your pup's taking good care of you ? I bet your pup's and your husband don't leave your side while your baking your cookies . Do you use Vicks I Love that stuff when I am sick . One good thing Maggy you should be feeling much better for Christmas I would rather have a cold now than at Christmas . Maggy I was in the GH on the weekend and the lemons and limes will be ready the next time I have to water . The lemons are a beautiful yellow and the limes are starting to turn a little yellow . My Murcott mandarin's are now ripe had a couple on Sunday and they were out of this world like pure candy and so juicy and the seeds were so tiny that you wouldn't have known that you ate one . Here is a pick of one of the mandarins I ate . Maggy hoping your OK and have a terrific night my friend .

Brian

• maggyby
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Whoops! Forgot the cookies
    Maggy

{{gwi:642457}}

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    2 years ago

Anyone still left here that still has citrus trees

Sponsored