Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An update on my meyer lemon

Posted by krismast 6 S.E. PA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 16:50

After my meyer lemon dropped all of its leaves last winter, and a good pruning, it has since filled back out nicely and is loaded with blooms. I have it in my sunroom and I can't wait for it to bloom! Sorry for the bad picture quality, I took them with my phone.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Speaking of citrus, yesterday I made some really good candied orange and lemon peels, to use in holiday baking. They are so delicious!

How are all the other northern citrus growers doing?

Kristopher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An update on my meyer lemon

Your tree looks wonderful, Kristopher, and I love your candied citrus peel! Fabulous.

Patty S.

o

Kristopher,
I'm also glad to see you making candied citrus peels. I brought some up to work one day and my co-workers just looked at me funny :>) They think I'm strange. Well, I guess that goes without saying but candied citrus peels really are tasty!

o

Yummm...Oh man, are those for us? lol

Great job and happy Northern Citrus Growing.....

I am ok, it's my trees that are just darn right ticked off at not being outdoors anymore...

Mike

o

Lol Mike, I would send you some but I just made a small batch. These will eventually be going into English Christmas puddings. My two trees haven't been too upset with me so far.

Thanks Patty, they really are good!

John, I wish I was one of your coworkers! Which method do you use to candy your peels? I've seen a lot of differing opinions on how to do it online.

Kristopher

o

There is nothing in this world better than candied Meyer lemon peel; it does not have the bitterness of other lemon peel. In the last 2 years we have sent Meyers to Berlin to the Fruit Logistica show and each time the people end up walking around sucking on Meyer lemon peels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here