Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountaincitrus

Browning Leaves

MountainCitrus
10 years ago

Hello All!
I have three citrus plants- a meyer lemon, variegated pink lemon, calamondin. All were purchased from Four Winds Growers this summer and are 3 years old. I am having trouble with the meyer. The leaves are turning brown at the tips, losing color, and then falling off as seen in the picture.

About a month ago, my meyer developed many blossoms despite showing any new leaf growth since I got it in June. They were looking good and blooming. I was away for a week and when I returned, all my trees look quite thirsty so they got a good watering and now the browning leaves are getting worse on the meyer. I have them planted in Al's Gritty Mix, use FoliagePro weakly for waterings. They are in a south facing window in my living room- temp about 75 degrees. I should also mention all three have had quite a few black flying bugs- I assume fungus gnats. I don't think I am over watering and they are in 10inch well draining plastic pots. Any ideas on what's happening? I water with tap water that is NOT treated with water softener.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Comments (2)