Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree - Brown spots on leaves

Posted by nhi_n San Francisco, CA (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 21, 09 at 18:27

Hello,

I purchased my Meyer lemon tree about a month ago, repotted it and while it seems to be generally doing well (putting out new shoots and flower buds), the lower leaves seem to be developing brown spots that spread over the entire leaf. I've taken several photos. Whatever guidance you could provide would be appreciated!

Best,
Nhi

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Meyer Lemon tree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree - Brown spots on leaves

chemical burn, causes, feritlizer and or other chemicals sprayed on. Your tree will be fine. This could also be from spraying tree with fresh water on a hot sunny day.

o

Thank you! I did fertilize it with an slow release organic all-purpose fertilizer (10% nitrogen, 2% phosphate, 8% potash, 1.8% calcium, 3% sulfur) when I first repotted it so, so maybe it's hitting the tree now? I was worried that the cause was fungal, overwatering (although I've been very good about not "overloving" my tree) or even some nutrient deficiency/imbalance. Would it be better to leave it be (let the existing fertilizer leach out) or should I "treat" with a citrus fertilizer?

Thanks, again, for your advice!

o

This was caused from a spray by either adding Iron, Micro nutrients or a liquid fertilizer that was sprayed on the leaves. Another cause would be spraying water in full sun.
Your tree will do just fine. I suggest if you spray your tree early morning is the best.
I also suggest re-evaluating your fertilizer use, research the site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here