Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seagoatgirl

Variegated Pink Lemon sulking inside

westgirl
11 years ago

Hi All,

Last year I had such good success with wintering several citrus trees indoors - as opposed to outdoors in an unheated greenhouse - that I decided to bring more inside this year. I have limes (Bearss & Key), and a Buddha's Hand at my office where they only get natural light from two very large south-facing windows. They are all growing new leaves and the limes are blooming. The other citrus I brought inside are in my house in two mostly unheated rooms - one with east & south exposure (limited) and the other with south and west exposure (pretty good light)and I supplement both rooms with CFLs. No leaves lost, even by my Meyers who were brought in abruptly on a whim. However, my VPL is decidedly unhappy and shedding leaves at an alarming rate. I thought Meyers were the most sensitive to light changes, and hoped I'd dodged a bullet, but now I'm stumped. Do you think it's the light levels? Should I put it back out in the greenhouse? Or could it be temperature-related? My office is warmer (old building with steam heat) do you think I should take it to the office? If it loses all it's leaves, will it recover as a Meyer would? I've never been able to make this tree a super-thriver and I'm not sure which direction to go with it. Suggestions? Thank you !

Comments (2)