Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbpj

Kaffir Lime Macaroonsl + cocktail recipe

My Kaffir lime is loaded with fruit and they're dropping all over, so time to do something with them.

Kaffir Lime Macaroons

Author: Autumn Giles, adapted from the How to Cook Anything App

A gluten-free coconut macaroon recipe with a kick of kaffir lime.

Ingredients
21/2 cups very finely shredded unsweetened coconut (such as Let's Do Organic)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons kaffir lime zest, from about 2 kaffir limes
4 egg whites, whipped until frothy
1 tablespoon kaffir lime juice, from 4-5 kaffir limes
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, and lime zest.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until frothy.
4. Stir the egg whites into the coconut mixture until the coconut is evenly coated.
5. Using a tablespoon cookie scoop or melon baller, scoop level tablespoons of the dough on to the cookie sheet.
They won't spread, so you can put them quite close to one another.
6. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 or until they are golden brown around the edges.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. When the cookies are completely cool, stir the lime juice and powdered sugar together until completely smooth
then drop about 1/4 teaspoon glaze onto the top of each cookie.
9. Allow the glaze to harden before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.

Recipe by autumn makes and does at http://www.autumnmakesanddoes.com/2014/02/24/kaffir-lime-macaroons/

This was a rare recipe that uses the juice, most recipes just use the leaves and say the juice is not good. That, imo, is not true. The juice is strong, and rather perfume like, that's true, and it may be an acquired taste, but I do enjoy it. I find the slightly bitter aftertaste goes particularly well with gin.

Thai Lime Gimlet~

The juice of one Thai,(Makrut, Kiffer) lime
2-3 oz. simple syrup
1 oz. Sapphire Gin (or your favorite)

Add lime juice, syrup and gin with ice in a cocktail mixing jar, shake well, strain into a glass with plenty of ice. Enjoy.

This post was edited by BarbJP on Sun, Nov 9, 14 at 21:13

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors