Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfox248

Major growth spurt... In October... INSIDE the house!

cfox248
9 years ago

Well, my citrus is inside for the winter. I was actually unable to even acclimate the trees... It was nice out, still nice enough to leave them out, and I had planned to start acclimation the following week. Well, over the weekend the lows were below freezing, and since I wasn't home I just brought them all in, and that was that. I came back expecting a sad tree, but it looked good.

And then, it started growing. Not just little buds here and there, it's a full on growth flush, it's near doubled since I brought it inside. I must be doing something right! My only problem is APHIDS, I seem to have brought them inside where they have no predators, so tomorrow they're gonna get a spritz of insecticidal soap or a blast in the shower.

Here's some pics of my lemon (if you recall, it was near dead at the beginning of summer. The whole trunk died. I had planned to repot before bringing it inside, due to the cedar chips potentially causing issue in the soil, but I think I'll actually wait) It also shows what I have set up, them being by a southern window and a big hanging fluorescent above them. The fluorescent actually gives off some heat too. So happy. the orange tree is still a bit sickly, but it too has some new growth shoots. Not NEARLY as many.

Crossing my fingers for some flower blooms!

{{gwi:645820}}

{{gwi:645822}}

{{gwi:645824}}

{{gwi:645825}}

Comments (7)