Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorraine_miller7704

Not sure what will happen with lemon

Lorraine Miller
9 years ago

As you can see have a nice size lemon, but two small ones that are dead. They have not fallen off yet. Will the lemon continue to grow or will that one fall off also? Temperatures n the 40 to 50 at night. Willi need to bring the plant in?

Comments (4)

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    9 years ago

I can not see your lemon fruits. If it is bigger than a golf ball it will probably continue to grow. Your container is a thing of beauty, but will be a problem when you need to replace your soil. A container with the top bigger than the bottom will allow the tree to be removed for soil replacement or root pruning.Al

• Lorraine Miller
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Al. Will get a pot larger at top than bottom. Should I replant now. Have brought it into my sunroom.

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    9 years ago

You are not showing your zone, 40 to 50 degrees at night are not a problem. The loss of light when bringing citrus in should be measured against the lower temperatures of leaving them out. If you need to bring it in I would repot now, preferably using the gritty mix, which will give you longest possibly time between repots. If your climate allows leaving it outside I would wait until spring to repot. Calistoga Al

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago

Remove the two dead lemons.

Josh