Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fish Emulsion ratio per gallon of water

Posted by pkapeckopickldpepprz z9 a/b FL (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 1, 06 at 4:22

I have three citrus trees I've mentioned before that have had every pest known to man it seems. I have been spraying primarily with Fish Emulsion but was afraid of over doing it so now down to once a week, but since I've got trees I use a hose end sprayer, instead of a small handheld mister. How much should I add per gallon of water?

My trees aren't getting any worse since I've been treating them, in fact the Ruby Red is growing new shoots, I counted 8 the other day. First new growth I've seen in a long long time. Probably related to having a scale/mite infestation as I read on here another guy lost 95% of the leaves due to that and my trees all lost most of their leaves. Besides the scale and mites, mine came with the full array of black fly, leaf miners, leaf hoppers, mealy bug and ants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fish Emulsion ratio per gallon of water

Wow! Sounds bad! I've used horticultural-grade oil mixed with water to treat scale and it seems to work well. Make sure to spray the undersides of leaves. Just saying you might give that a try -- maybe on one branch first -- then monitor it carefully. Scale can get out of hand real fast!

o

Anyone have any recommendations on amount of Fish Emulsion per gallon of water? Thanks.

o

I use 1 tablespoon/gallon for soil and foliar application.
Allen
Baton Rouge, LA

o

Thanks beesnfruit. I think I was overly conservative using 2 tablespoons in my 6 gallon hose end sprayer. Guess I will get more results using 6 tablesppons in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here