Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzy11_gw

quick questions

Suzy11
10 years ago

Hi! I have to questions for you I have accumulated soil. Two bags. One I bought and one was a gift. How long will the bags last if not opened? How long will they last if they are opened but then folded over? I have fertilizer that is mixed with water.I have had it for two months is still good?.

Comments (7)

• johnmerr
    10 years ago

The soil will last a long time; and may actually get better as it "composts"; just keep it dry. The fertilizer is likely still good; and while it may have "lost" a little, it won't hurt anything to use it. I use a lot of liquid fertilizers that are basically solutions with water; and they don't have an expiration date.

• Suzy11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay thank you John. Back to my original problem? The lower leaves on my tree do look much better but the branches are still a little brittle.So I aM spritIng very well and now I remembered I'm supposed to spitz underneath the leaves so I'm doing that too. A few leaves are still curling bit and verry few healthy leaves fall off. In the past that ment it needed water I thought. This Morning I watered It, bumped one of the oranges and it fell off. Tonight I bumped it a little and another orange fell off. Both oranges are soft. I put The oranges in a ziplock plastic bag in the refrigerator. The one from this morning was still soft. Any ideas? when I watered alot of water came out, I let the tree soak for about 25 minutes

• Suzy11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Do you think it is lack of fertilizer? I think you mentioned that last time. Was trying to cut down for the winter. It gets fertilized next week.

• johnmerr
    10 years ago

I think you are stressing too much; your tree looks good. As for the fruit, it is ripe and if not harvested it will fall off the tree. Not all citrus hold onto their ripe fruit as well as a Meyer.

Merry Christmas in advance; we will be in Madrid and then Copenhagen (my 49th country); much too cold for me, but it is a grandchildren thing.

• Suzy11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi John! thank you for the advice. You're right I worry too much. I am working on that. the fruit is almost ripe. Yellowish orange. Thank you for the wish. You have a terrific Christmas too it sounds like it should be very nice. Have you been to 49 countries? Overseas I've only been to Rome, england and Greece

• johnmerr
    10 years ago

I've been to 48 countries and 46 of the 50 US States; Denmark will be 49. One of my life goals is 1 country for every year of my life; so I am a little behind right now... but there are places in the world where you can do 10 countries in 2 weeks.

• Suzy11
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! Great. That is very educational. Good for you