Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Today's pictures of my Citrus in the north, cool room

meyermike_1micha
14 years ago

A few picturs of my citrus in the "cool" humid plant room, with a few other tropicals in-between...So far so good.... The blossoms and fruit are coming on strong..:-)

Hope everyone had a great day!

Mike

{{gwi:117387}}

{{gwi:117393}}

{{gwi:117396}}

{{gwi:652712}}

{{gwi:117394}}

Comments (9)

• cebury
    14 years ago

Nice! Merry Xmas.

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

Mr. Mike

Those are some really healthy looking plants and I'd just bet with the citrus blooming that the fragrance in the room is something else. Thanks for posting.
    Harold

• tsmith2579
    14 years ago

They look great but I don't see wicked thorns. Whenever I move my Ponderosa lemon or my Key lime it is like wrestling with a roll of barbed wire fencing. I always come away bloddied and scarred. I see your calamondins are ripe, as are mine. I'll pick them all New Year weekend and take them to work to give away for planting. What variety of orange is in the small pot?

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tsmith, too funny..

I just got jabbed severly by a lemon pondersoa lastnight....Drew blood myself...lol

It is called a "Sanguigono Citrus navel"..Delicious, according to my friends and family that is..:-). Easy to peel, seedless, juicy, and sweet..Sort of a redish pulp..Looks like a blood orange when peeled.....

Thankyou cebury, and phatboyrose ! Hope your citrus are doing well..

Mike..:-)

• ashleysf
    14 years ago

Beautiful pictures which leave me amazed at the determination of you guys who grow sub-tropicals in hostile environment, as usual.
    If that orange is the same as the "Vainiglia Sanguigno" pigmented orange, please, please let me know where I can find it!!! I have been searching for this variety for a long time. TIA.

• cath41
    13 years ago

I found the Vainiglia Sanguigno at Edible Landscaping (late May/early June). I had googled this variety which brought up the EL Nursery but the EL website did not list this variety. So I telephoned. The person who answered said that they did not have it. When I explained the above, she asked someone else who said that they had it in the quart size for $20 plus $10 shipping (for me). They called it a blood orange but they have other varieties of blood orange so if you want this one you must be most specific and perhaps persistent.
    Cath

• timrod98
    13 years ago

beautiful plants. i should probably try keeping anything new in a little smaller container than I have been using (15 gal.) as they are gonna get harder and harder to move as I get older and older...
    t98

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Come on Timrod..You must have a good 20 or so more years before you turn the half cetury mark, right?

Thanks for the compliments man..How are yours doing anyway?
    How are they enjoying the mix, the feet of your trees of course...lol

Mike

• plant54
    13 years ago

Mike your photos are dated Dec. 2010. 6 months into the new year. What do they like..