Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citrus_bc

Variegated pink lemon tree gumosis after switch to gritty mix

citrus_BC
10 years ago

Hello I repotted a few of my young bare root citrus trees into the gritty mix. I did this in November and will never repeat this mistake again. The trees are in my closet under five 24" T5 floresent lights and one 48" T5. The timers set for 9 hours a day and ill switch it when the days get brighter. I spritz them with water couple times a day. Started using FP when I switched to the gritty mix. I completely removed all the dirt from the roots and I will admit i was not as gentle as I should have been. The calamondin appears to be doing fine. The pummelo dropped a few leaves and has yet to put out any new growth or flowers. Now the variegated pink lemon and a rooted cutting off my 4 year old dwarf meyer are not doing good. The meyer clone has dropped 10-15 leaves. The pink lemon has dropped 15-20 leaves and is producing a pink sap from beneath the first limb. Hopefully not gumosis... Could this be due to my poor choice of repotting before winter? Should I quarantine this tree to avoid any contamination of my other varieties of citrus? Is this much sap normal? I fear I have been overwatering as I have yet to get a feel for the gritty mix. I just watered the pink lemon after a week and a half and it dropped two healthy leaves the next morning. Is three weeks in between watering normal in the winter? I usually stick my finger in to detect moisture and it seems the first inch dries out quite quickly. I removed some soil off the top to bring the soil level just above the roots. I grow in plastic pots could these have any effect on my plants?

Thanks so much and I would appreciate any advice or info
Mike

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH