Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annaphoria

Indoor Meyer Lemon/Calamondin Orange

Annaphoria
9 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to raising citrus plants. This summer I bought a potted citrus duo of a Meyer Lemon and Calamondin Orange. Both enjoyed the Vancouver Island summer outside, blossomed and started to produce fruit.
I'm in Zone 9a and have now moved the plant indoors for the winter. The light in here is not great, so I've had it under a grow light during the day. I water it regularly, and mist it as our house can sometimes be dry. At the advice of the local nursery I've fed it some liquid seaweed fertilizer and checked for pests (pest free).
The plant(s) seem to have slipped into dormancy. The lemons although full-sized, remain green and hard. The lemon has also dropped all of its leaves although the fruit hangs on.
The oranges are tiny- about 1.5 inches in diameter, juicy inside but very sour. The remaining flowers dropped shortly after bringing it inside, leaves seem to be dropping too some branches turning brown which I prune off immediately. Although leaves remain and look healthy, no new leaves are growing.
I wondering what its future will be and if it can hang on through the Canadian winter indoors for the fruit to eventually ripen next year or if the low light and supplementary grow bulb just wont cut it and if it is indeed going through a slow inevitable death!
Please see pic of my sad plant.
Any imput is appreciated- thanks!

Comments (2)